• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Audio off / GPS not functioning after 4.1.1 update

kyriotate

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Received my 4.1.1 update OTA yesterday afternoon. Immediately no audio through the speaker system and I receive audio off message. Usual steps to turn on audio do not work. Reset of sync (via buttons) does not work. GPS has also stopped reporting at location of when update happened. I pulled fuse 28 and 32 for 30 seconds as some other threads have said. Nothing works.

For first time, vehicle also went into "deep sleep" mode last night and this morning I saw system off to save battery on the screen after I turned vehicle off and opened door. Another user indicated they had to replace the audio control module but that was do to some sort of coffee spill as I understand.

Anyone have suggestions or thoughts on how to handle this? Thanks for your time!
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
There have been other problems reported, many are pulling the cable off the battery for a bit and then reattaching. Let it all reboot from the ground up. The Frunk may not close automatically after doing this, just close it manually and then it will work.

Was there any other change today? If all else fails maybe you'll get 4.1.2 soon if the last release cause a module problem of sorts.

OP
OP

kyriotate

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
No changes sadly. I’m willing to try the battery idea. Is that removing both negative and positive? Are there instructions on here somewhere? I had looked around and had some concerns with the high voltage to low voltage cable disconnect as well?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
No changes sadly. I’m willing to try the battery idea. Is that removing both negative and positive? Are there instructions on here somewhere? I had looked around and had some concerns with the high voltage to low voltage cable disconnect as well?
Usually you only have to remove the negative cable to the 12v battery for a minute. I don't want anything to do with the high voltage cable disconnect and I don't believe it is readily available to you.

OP
OP

kyriotate

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Removed fuses 28 and 32 and also removed the negative cable as indicated here and elsewhere. No change that day. 48 hours later (didn't drive the truck for 24 of those shame I know) and it's all back to normal again. Posting for those who search in the future...

Sponsored

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
I lost connectivity right after the 4.1.1 update yesterday morning. I finally tried the negative disconnect on the battery and so far it didn't help. I guess I'll wait a couple of days to see if it comes back.

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
I just wanted to share that when I plugged in the charger, connectivity returned.
Sponsored