• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best shocks for comfortable luxury feel?

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
For my 2017 F150 I threw two 70 lb sandbags in the box behind the wheel wells and it helped, I transferred the sandbags to my 2021. Both F150's came with the 18" wheels. Have noticed that when I added an extra spare tire the ride improved somewhat more. Driving with no weight in the box results in a jittery ride, in my experience adding a little weight smooths things out somewhat.
I bought some workbenchs for my garage and they weighed ~300lbs total and while I was driving them home, I was thinking about how nice the truck felt overall with that weight in the back! It was a nice discovery for sure.
Sponsored

chrisp993

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum, '15 Audi S4, Spec Iron Mustang
I bought some workbenchs for my garage and they weighed ~300lbs total and while I was driving them home, I was thinking about how nice the truck felt overall with that weight in the back! It was a nice discovery for sure.
I've wondered about this - does the Powerboost ride better because of the extra 500(ish)lbs of hybrid system & battery sitting between the frame rails?

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
I’m planning on installing Fox 2.0 system. I’ve heard the ride is a bit firmer but gets better after break in.
Sponsored