• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise priced at $700 per year on 2024 models .......

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
When I bought my truck I asked the sales rep if there were ANY subscriptions associated with the truck, and He said NO, there were not.
He lied (no surprise). The XLT may not have Bluecruise-HandsFree subscription, but it still has Sirius, BlueOval, and Navigation subscriptions. All of them are optional of course, so maybe he thought you were asking about required subscriptions, but where do you draw the line? If Ford pulled the "heated steering wheel and seats are now subscriptions" or locked DCFC to 75kW without a subscription, we'd be up in arms. I'm comfortable with the subscriptions as-is, as there is server and data costs associated with what we can subscribe to. Ongoing cost of running the service necessitates ongoing cost to use it. Navigation walks the line. There's constant feed of traffic, construction, and other real-time updates, but when that subscription runs out I'm hoping there's a once a year update for the maps-only option.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
He lied (no surprise). The XLT may not have Bluecruise-HandsFree subscription, but it still has Sirius, BlueOval, and Navigation subscriptions. All of them are optional of course, so maybe he thought you were asking about required subscriptions, but where do you draw the line? If Ford pulled the "heated steering wheel and seats are now subscriptions" or locked DCFC to 75kW without a subscription, we'd be up in arms. I'm comfortable with the subscriptions as-is, as there is server and data costs associated with what we can subscribe to. Ongoing cost of running the service necessitates ongoing cost to use it. Navigation walks the line. There's constant feed of traffic, construction, and other real-time updates, but when that subscription runs out I'm hoping there's a once a year update for the maps-only option.
As long as android auto is a thing, I really don't care about built in Navigation. I know it does battery preconditioning for charging, but I haven't found that to be a big deal and it makes the stupidest routing and charging decisions.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
As long as android auto is a thing, I really don't care about built in Navigation. I know it does battery preconditioning for charging, but I haven't found that to be a big deal and it makes the stupidest routing and charging decisions.
Normally agree, but built-in nav has been a backup for me when in low/no connectivity places and I forgot to download the maps to my phone first.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Normally agree, but built-in nav has been a backup for me when in low/no connectivity places and I forgot to download the maps to my phone first.
Yeah, I have used it when Android Auto is being stupid and won't connect, but I always end up regretting it. Last time I tried, it wanted me to go down an off road trail (i.e. mud and ~2' tall grass, not a dirt road) for a bit before getting back on the road!

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
80A AC charging is another.
I'm sure this wasn't Ford just being cheap, but with connected vehicles they can easily see that only 15% (random number for the sake of the discussion) of the owners charge their truck (Level2) at 80A, in that case why keep it when "no one" is using it.

Sponsored

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Well, if Nav. is a subscription, then when it's over, I'll pull out my Garmin that has lifetime maps . . .

Maximum Effort

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024Lightning Flash, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Self employed
To be fair, has it been said anywhere official that we keep ACC + LKA once the bluecruise subscription runs out? It would suck to drop back to basic "hold this speed" only cruise control, or perhaps not even that. Could be a way they try to keep people to subscribe. Would also mean no more Fords for me....
ACC + LKA still work after Blue Cruise subscription ends. Ours ended a couple of months ago. Other than the hands free blue cruise everything else still works. We did not renew. I would pay $800 for 3 years but not worth $800 per year to me.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
ACC + LKA still work after Blue Cruise subscription ends. Ours ended a couple of months ago. Other than the hands free blue cruise everything else still works. We did not renew. I would pay $800 for 3 years but not worth $800 per year to me.
Good to know, thanks!

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I cannot believe that this costs $800/year. I drive only about 10,000km/year and of that, probably half on the highway. Break this down into cost per/km and there's just no way to rationalize the price.

I despise this subscription-based application. Features of the vehicle that come with the car should remain part of the car.
Sponsored