• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Does 2024 has walk away lock?
I don't think we know yet. It was reported as part of the announcement of the Flash and 2024, that it would be coming via SW.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just to be clear. I haven't received this update on my Lightning yet. Only the Mach-E.
So....... another typo in the change description ???
RE: Smart Hitch and Onboard Scales

BTW, I'm not familiar with Mach-e so honestly asking!!

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 lightning lariat
If anyone remembers Tesla‘s first vehicle was the lotus EV conversion I guess would be the best way to say it
so the Mach E and the lightning are basically Fords first iterations of EV‘s. I think they have done pretty well! I have only had my lightning lariat er a little over a month I just got the Ford ChargeStationPro hooked up a couple days ago(took a month to get it from Sunrun) Wow what a game changer. All in all I’d love this vehicle and it is only gotten better with the updates.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
So....... another typo in the change description ???
RE: Smart Hitch and Onboard Scales

BTW, I'm not familiar with Mach-e so honestly asking!!
“for eligible vehicles”. I think that’s a strong indication that it is intended for both MachE and Lightning and they didn’t want to write two sets of release notes. Hopefully they will push it to us soon but yesterday there was an update for ICE Mustangs for the 60th anniversary so maybe they are waiting until that rolls out.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
so the Mach E and the lightning are basically Fords first iterations of EV‘s.
If you ignore the Focus and Fusion electrics they produced, and those 100 ultra rare electric rangers they produced. MacheE and Lightning are really 2nd gen EVs from Ford. The Focus, Fusion and Ranger were pretty experimental, and showed that the battery tech wasn't really there yet. MachE showed what can be done with modern batteries and power. F150L is an alternative power train on what has been the most successful truck platform for decades. These are closer to the equivalent of early Model S/X generation Teslas than comparing them to the Roadster.
Sponsored