• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Camper shell recommendations

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly
I’m think we will put a shell on the truck. Looking for any recommendations folks might have based on past experiences. Also wondering about best approach with the short bed. We’ve always had longer bed trucks. I lean towards a high rise type shell, but thinking it might look weird on a short bed and maybe not as valuable on the short bed. One site is touting the benefits of a sloping roof aerodynamics when towing. The hi-risectype might also make it harder to get into parking garages…
Sponsored

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
Ive always had snugtop and I think they are viewed as good quality. Ive had 2 high rise and 2 cab height shells. I agree with you that the shells that have a rise over the level of the cab roof look less cool. On the other hand if you have a cab height shell then the opening to to get something in the shell door is even less than the height of the shell. If you can easily remove the shell then that isn't as big of deal. If you dont have the place to store the shell after removed or the manpower to lift out off the truck I would go with a hi rise shell. A lot more utility.

My last snugtop cab level shell was ~350 pounds. It took 3 -4 people to help me remove it. Realize I had an 8' bed.

Not sure if the above is clear but for my lifestyle I like more volume of the high rise. I bought a truck to use the bed. On the occasion you need more volume to where you can remove the shell then I might consider a cab height shell.

steve

OP
OP

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly