• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Camper shell

Meccanica

Threads
Reaction score
Website
sdturo.com
Vehicles
Lightning, Model S Plaid, 3 & Y, e-Golf
Occupation
Consultant
We want to order a camper shell for our Lariat, but I am obsessed with not blocking the bed camera. The only one I have found is SmartCap Evo sport and they are back ordered and don't respond to emails or calls. I really like the Leer with option 4 but it blocks the camera and light.

Does anyone else have any options? I am really trying to avoid custom options, but I realize that is probably the route I will have to go.
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Local Leer guy was paranoid about attaching 3rd brake light wiring to trailer wiring. So I cheaped out and went with a BAK Revolver X4s cover and a Napier truck tent. But if living with harsher weather, a camper shell / topper is the way to go if dealing with taller than bed side items.

As for the unfortunate positioning of the bed camera, I wonder what the cheapest way to set up using the optional trailer camera function to look back into the bed? The official Ford trailer camera seemed expensive.