• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can Dealer Add Back-up Assist?

klc9761

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
teacher
Hi. First time here. Purchasing an F150 XLT 302A Supercab 6.5' box in silver. Only two like trucks within a couple hundred miles. Both come with Trailer Tow Package (not Max) but neither have Back-up assist. Is this something that can be added by the dealer? Or me later on?
Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Hi. First time here. Purchasing an F150 XLT 302A Supercab 6.5' box in silver. Only two like trucks within a couple hundred miles. Both come with Trailer Tow Package (not Max) but neither have Back-up assist. Is this something that can be added by the dealer? Or me later on?
Should be included. Do you have a window sticker or vin?

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT

I just double checked your "build" and it should have come with Trailer Tow Package.

Trailer Tow Package Includes:
• 7-pin Wiring Harness; Includes 7-pin-to-4-pin Adapter
• Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – Not included on XL Base; Requires Tow Technology on XL High. <---HERE
• Trailer Brake Controller
• Tailgate LED (Standard on LARIAT and higher)
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available

OP
OP

klc9761

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
teacher
I just double checked your "build" and it should have come with Trailer Tow Package.

Trailer Tow Package Includes:
• 7-pin Wiring Harness; Includes 7-pin-to-4-pin Adapter
• Class IV Trailer Hitch Receiver
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist – Not included on XL Base; Requires Tow Technology on XL High. <---HERE
• Trailer Brake Controller
• Tailgate LED (Standard on LARIAT and higher)
• Smart Trailer Tow Connector includes BLIS® with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS® is Available
Yes, you're correct. It has everything you said (still not sure if it has the MAX tow package or REGULAR tow package) except the round knob for the back-up assist. Wondering if all the tech is there just needs the knob installed? Maybe update on computer?
Should be included. Do you have a window sticker or vin?
Yes I have the sticker as a PDF, trying to figure out how to upload it here...

Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
There - figured it out!
You definitely have the Tow Package.

I have the Max Tow Package on my sticker but it didn't list the Pro-Trailer Backup Assist. Yes I have the jog wheel.

You need to go ask why it is missing. Print out the option sheet from the Ford site for your build.

OP
OP

klc9761

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
teacher
You definitely have the Tow Package.

I have the Max Tow Package on my sticker but it didn't list the Pro-Trailer Backup Assist. Yes I have the jog wheel.

You need to go ask why it is missing. Print out the option sheet from the Ford site for your build.
Well, I'm purchasing mine off the lot. That's why I was wondering if the dealer can add it, just like they add tinted windows, or spay-on bed liners, etc.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Well, I'm purchasing mine off the lot. That's why I was wondering if the dealer can add it, just like they add tinted windows, or spay-on bed liners, etc.

Have them show you the vehicle so you can check for the control. It should be there according to the specs.

OP
OP

klc9761

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
teacher
Have them show you the vehicle so you can check for the control. It should be there according to the specs.
Thanks. Seen pictures of it (the vehicle itself is off on another lot some distance away) but the inside pics appear to be stock, so the knob may be there. Just curious. Don't really need it.
Sponsored