• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Trailer Back up Assist

PhilBurks

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
philburks.com
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited, all options is on order.
Occupation
CEO
I just posted in another thread about my experience. My 10/21 build came with both sensor and 5-6 stickers. First box trailer went great and I use it all the time. Second smaller trailer I installed the sticker only since I read that it generally it is one OR the other. BUT... pushing the button and it fails saying no sensor is present... see the manual (no help at all). I've ordered a second sensor but based on what I'm reading just the sticker SHOULD work. Hummmmm.....
Sponsored

Djansma

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 lariat
Occupation
Retired ford technician (40yrs)
Can anyone post TSB 22-2121

UNIKRN150

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
November build... I got stickers AND a sensor.

The truck doesn't recognize the sensor and according to the manual, if it’s set up for stickers it tells you to apply the sticker during setup.

I doubt I’ll ever “need” it. The 360 degree cameras work very well for backing the trailer but I PAID for that feature and anything that doesn’t work in a brand new truck needs to be documented for future warranty purposes so off to the Dealer it goes.

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 150 Powerbost King Ranch
Occupation
Retired state trooper
I was camping this weekend and saw a 2021 F-150 backing with the pro backing steering. I also noticed there was NO sensor or sticker, I asked the lady driving how she was making the pro backing work with out the sensor or sticker ???? She said she went into a parking lot and set up her trailer by answering the questions about distances ECT..... and it worked ???? I don't understand how she made it work but I personally wittenessed the system working wothout a sticker or backing sensor. any one got any idea how this was working??? the truck was brand new and only had 700 miles on it. Just wondering if the new tryck have some kind of special software that most of us dont have???

UNIKRN150

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
November build... I got stickers AND a sensor.

The truck doesn't recognize the sensor and according to the manual, if it’s set up for stickers it tells you to apply the sticker during setup.

I doubt I’ll ever “need” it. The 360 degree cameras work very well for backing the trailer but I PAID for that feature and anything that doesn’t work in a brand new truck needs to be documented for future warranty purposes so off to the Dealer it goes.
FIXED!
One module wan't talking to the other module (likely incompatable firmware) so it's fixed now.

Seems like the cameras work better now too.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
FIXED!
One module wan't talking to the other module (likely incompatable firmware) so it's fixed now.

Seems like the cameras work better now too.
Who/what/how was it fixed? Was it one of the recent OTA updates or did you do it yourself with FDRS and manual updates?

UNIKRN150

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Who/what/how was it fixed? Was it one of the recent OTA updates or did you do it yourself with FDRS and manual updates?
No. The Dealership did it. It appeared to require updates to multiple modules then alignment of those modules as well as the cameras.

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I was camping this weekend and saw a 2021 F-150 backing with the pro backing steering. I also noticed there was NO sensor or sticker, I asked the lady driving how she was making the pro backing work with out the sensor or sticker ????
I got backup assist working last night on my jet ski trailer. I'm amazed that the truck can "see" the sticker. I had to jam the sticker between the bolts for the trailer tongue jack. I can't even see the sticker on the 12" center screen on backup camera. I assumed the computer had better "vision" than I have :p.

Perhaps, after all the software updates, the sticker is less critical?

Adding for reference - I Have a 302a job 1 truck with the tow tech package. The truck came with the sensor and stickers - though I was not able to use the stickers until I performed a backlog of module updates in FDRS a couple of weeks ago. Have never tried the yaw sensor - I'm saving that for the travel trailer, especially since the jet ski trailer will end up submerged.

Reactions: 780

RWATE

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
New question. I have the sensors and they work fine. I’m wondering if this software or feature will stop you from jackknifing assuming You pay attention.

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired state trooper
yes it will not let you jacknife the trailer. and how are you people getting the stickers to work????

Sponsored

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired state trooper
I got backup assist working last night on my jet ski trailer. I'm amazed that the truck can "see" the sticker. I had to jam the sticker between the bolts for the trailer tongue jack. I can't even see the sticker on the 12" center screen on backup camera. I assumed the computer had better "vision" than I have :p.

Perhaps, after all the software updates, the sticker is less critical?

Adding for reference - I Have a 302a job 1 truck with the tow tech package. The truck came with the sensor and stickers - though I was not able to use the stickers until I performed a backlog of module updates in FDRS a couple of weeks ago. Have never tried the yaw sensor - I'm saving that for the travel trailer, especially since the jet ski trailer will end up submerged.
How did you get the stickers to work...my 2021 still wont give me the option to set up the stickers

additionsola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado
How did you get the stickers to work...my 2021 still wont give me the option to set up the stickers
2021 Job 2 trucks have the necessary software to utilize the stickers. I set mine up on my camper yesterday.

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
A truckload of manual FDRS updates were needed to get my '21 job 1 working with the stickers.

...hopefully coming soon OTA to all the Job 1 trucks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Have never tried the yaw sensor - I'm saving that for the travel trailer, especially since the jet ski trailer will end up submerged.
Makes sense to me. Can't imagine water would be good for them.
Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Trailer Back up Assist family-guy
Sponsored