• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can't make voice prompt calls from SYNC

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
'22 Lariat
Ever since I got the truck I can't make voice prompted calls from the "OK FORD" and SYNC. I can get directions, change radio, temperature etc. etc.
When I firsts got the truck I had an old Samsung Galaxy S7 that didn't support Android auto and SYNC kept telling me to upload contacts to make a call...which I did on numerous occasions but yet it still didn't work. I could receive phone calls and texts but couldn't initiate either. It kept telling me to either upload contacts or allow access to the phone. I tried both bluetooth and wired methods. So I chalked it up to the phone.

Now I have Samsung A52 with Android Auto. Still can't make voice command phone calls or initiate a text. I can respond to a text by voice and send whatever I say. Again I can receive calls and texts and all other functions work normally but SYNC still says I need to upload contacts.
I can only upload contacts and allow permissions so many times before insanity sets in.
Any ideas out there?
Also I have to speak fairly loudly for SYNC to hear me yet if someone on the radio says Ford it initiates listening out of the blue..Again ideas?

Darrell
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there, Darrell! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your preferred Ford dealer. I’ll look into this sync concern for you. Thank you!

OP
OP

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
Hi there, Darrell! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your preferred Ford dealer. I’ll look into this sync concern for you. Thank you!
Hello Ford.
Thank you for the offer. This seemed to be a one time bug that worked fine the next day and since then..(shrug)

Darrell
Sponsored