• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Deposits Not Included in Purchase

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I used my credit card at ford.com for both the reservation and order deposits. Finance manager and his manager at the dealership confirmed Ford Corp would return the reservation and order deposit ($600 total). When I contact Ford Corp, I'm told funds are transferred and held by the dealership. The is not a line item on the Buyer's Order. My deposits seem to have vanished.

What are others' experience with their deposits?

What recourse do I have?
I received my reservation deposit back from the Dealership when I cancelled it after the price increase.
Sponsored

Steve1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
When I purchased mine, the dealer told me at the beginning they would “release”/refund the deposits I made back to original payment source. They were aware of it ahead of time and told me what to expect before we ever sat down to do paperwork.

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
I used my credit card at ford.com for both the reservation and order deposits. [...] What are others' experience with their deposits?
I did the same -- used my credit card at ford.com for both the reservation and order deposits. I don't remember what the reservation deposit said on my credit card statement (it was a while ago) but the order deposit appeared as "Wade Ford" (my dealer) on my statement. The order deposit isn't fundamentally any different than when you walk into a dealership and place a custom order in person for a vehicle to be built to your specifications. I've placed orders (rather than buy off the lot) for the last 5 vehicles I've purchased -- I literally haven't bought inventory off the lot for over 20 years.

For the Lightning, I used the on-line buying tools at ford.com to compute my likely trade-in value, applicable title, tax, and fees, and get my final amount due at delivery. Both deposits appeared on Ford's site as part of this financial work-up.

Talk to your dealer -- they should be in control of the entire process: they either have the deposits in-hand, have a way to get them from Ford, or have a way to tell Ford to refund them.
Sponsored