• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Canadians: Dealer tells me FCSP not included anymore with ER battery??

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Highlander, Mazda miata
I was speaking with the sales manager at my local dealership, considering purchase of an XLT with ER battery. My understanding was that the ER battery trucks came automatically with the Ford Charge Station Pro. He told me that is no longer the case, that it was only for people who fulfilled a previous Lightning reservation, and they needed to enter a reservation code to obtain the charger. Is that your experience? Or is he wrong? He seemed pretty confident about it when I asked more about it and said it had not been included with recent sales. Seems dumb, and also seems like the dealership could generate a code if they wanted a sale.
Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I just purchased mine from dealer stock on August 12 and one was shipped to me the next week, here in the USA.

Just build one at ford.com and it still shows it is included with the extended range battery in the USA🤷‍♂️

Reactions: GDN

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I got one and purchased it a month ago. Its also for sale and I'm in Canada if you're interested.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Just show your dumb salesman the Ford.ca website where it specifically says that the charge station pro isincluded with ER xlt.

The evse will then be shipped to you after you order.

The mobile power cord is not included.

Who is your dealer?

Sponsored

myke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
MikeGeiger.ca
Vehicles
'23 XLT ER, '14 FJ Cruiser 6MT
Occupation
IT/Networking/ISP/OSP Consultant
I take delivery of a 312A off the lot tomorrow, they're shipping the FCSP already. Dealer was really confused about it all too.

You commit to the purchase, they give you a code to order a "free" FCSP at fordcharging.ca (a Shopify store) and you specify the delivery address.

... am hoping it shows up soon tho!!

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
If you purchase off the lot it will be a 2023 and comes with the FCSP as listed on the Ford.ca site. 2024 configuration is not yet listed on Ford.ca so there is a gap in information that dealers may have insight into that we do not. Ford is transitioning to NACS so FCSP may be limited for model year 2024 as they change out production of FCSP for NACS.

If you are ordering a 2024 and you want the FCSP, insist they include it. If they are going to charge you a wreckless amount for it, your friendly forum members here have extras that they may be willing to sell for less. Basis0439 and I both have one that is not being used in Canada.

In my case, I went with the Grizzl-E Duo charger since it keeps the Lightning and wife's Mach-E charged on a single 50 amp outlet albeit slower. FCSP wouldn't have worked at full capacity on my 100 amp service and I don't have a need for backup power that wouldn't run off an extension cord from my Onboard Power.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Just show your dumb salesman the Ford.ca website where it specifically says that the charge station pro isincluded with ER xlt.

The evse will then be shipped to you after you order.

The mobile power cord is not included.

Who is your dealer?
Maaaaybe he is thinking the mobile power cord??? Didn't that used to be included free??

Reactions: GDN

myke

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
MikeGeiger.ca
Vehicles
'23 XLT ER, '14 FJ Cruiser 6MT
Occupation
IT/Networking/ISP/OSP Consultant
While shopping around (XLT ER (or is it XR?)), I noticed a lot of window decals showed the FCSP was deleted, yet the dealers were still asking the same price. I suspect they were trying to get peri-purchase extra attachment sales, or giving themselves some more bargaining room. Hence why I beat up my dealer (Barrhaven Ford) about it before committing to the purchase.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It appears that in Canada you have to take action (enter a code and specify a delivery address). In the US we do nothing, and it arrives.

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
It appears that in Canada you have to take action (enter a code and specify a delivery address). In the US we do nothing, and it arrives.
Yes, once you place an order, you then register online for the included FCSP and then they send it to you in the mail. The catch is that if you unbox it and don't take delivery of the truck you have to pay full price for it.
The nice thing was that I had my evse in hand the day I took delivery and installed quickly and ready to use. No waiting weeks for what I hear is awful sunrun.
Qmerit handles Canada if you need installers.

I recall earlier this year that Ford said it wasn't included but it's now back as included with ER on the website.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yes, once you place an order, you then register online for the included FCSP and then they send it to you in the mail. The catch is that if you unbox it and don't take delivery of the truck you have to pay full price for it.
The nice thing was that I had my evse in hand the day I took delivery and installed quickly and ready to use. No waiting weeks for what I hear is awful sunrun.
Qmerit handles Canada if you need installers.

I recall earlier this year that Ford said it wasn't included but it's now back as included with ER on the website.
They should charge anyone that gets the charger but doesn't take delivery of the truck.

I bought off the lot (dealer demo). Charger was here in 6 days. Sold it, unopened, yesterday for $1,000.

OP
OP

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Highlander, Mazda miata
Thanks everybody, I will bring all of this info when I talk with the dealer again. Thanks for the input....

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Bumping this. @speedy123 did you ever get this resolved? Did you find the magic word to get a reservation code from your dealer or someone else (fordcharging.ca support or something)?

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Bumping this. @speedy123 did you ever get this resolved? Did you find the magic word to get a reservation code from your dealer or someone else (fordcharging.ca support or something)?
Answering my own question about the process in Canada. I went to the dealer; got lots of blank stares from both service and sales. Eventually they suggested using fordcharging.ca support and that indeed did get the ball rolling. I sent [email protected] an email with my VIN; they responded right away that the vehicle was eligible (bought off the lot in early Jan 2024) and I just needed to scan and send the bill of sale. Maybe the dealer should have done that upon purchase. Anyway, it's all good and they sent the email with the 8 digit reservation code.
Sponsored