• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DIY Pro Power/ Aftermarket inverter?

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Anyone have any experience with installation of aftermarket inverters on their truck? My 3.0 platinum obviously doesn’t have the pro power and would like to add something like it.
Sponsored

satchamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX
Anyone have any experience with installation of aftermarket inverters on their truck? My 3.0 platinum obviously doesn’t have the pro power and would like to add something like it.
Interested as well…

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Honestly you're probably better off with a little Honda generator. Much more versatile and efficient.

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Installing an inverter is not a big deal, I had a 2500W inverter (linked below) installed on my previous truck and it worked fine for small draw items. I could NOT run a microwave for instance and needed a second house battery added to buffer the initial draw. When you add the bulky inverter and house battery to the bed, it took up a lot of room from luggage but that's a separate issue.

I have also never seen anything bigger than 2500W installed on a truck aftermarket meaning the stock power system may not handle bigger than that. Certainly not even close to 7200W that you get in Pro Power.

Also, the Powerboost is way more efficient as an inverter because it stores the power in the battery and engine only kicks on to recharge the battery as needed. With an aftermarket inverter, your engine will be running 100% of the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S9S8NA4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

Last edited: