• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does Dest. Charge count against the $80k for tax credit

awn123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco/'05 F-250 6.0/'89 5.0 LX Mustang
As subject states, does the destination charge count towards the proposed max price of $80,000 to qualify for the tax credit.

As an example, ER Lariat starts at 79,169 with destination charge, but can a person take the $1,695 Dest. charge off and be at $77,474. Then be able to add some add ons and still be under 80k limit?
Sponsored

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
As subject states, does the destination charge count towards the proposed max price of $80,000 to qualify for the tax credit.

As an example, ER Lariat starts at 79,169 with destination charge, but can a person take the $1,695 Dest. charge off and be at $77,474. Then be able to add some add ons and still be under 80k limit?
Well the destination is non-negotiable and really just added on the MSRP, can't be replaced with less federal rebate. Also, you're not getting the $7,500 off the truck. You're just getting it off your annual taxes when you report it.

OP
OP

awn123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco/'05 F-250 6.0/'89 5.0 LX Mustang
I didn't mean is the Dest charge negotiable or able to be taken off the price. I meant does the tax credit consider the Dest. charge as part of the vehicle price or is it the base MSRP plus options.

Reason I ask is because there is hardly any space left to add any options to a ER lariat and still be under 80k if Dest charge is part of the price the tax credit considers

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
There is good reason to believe it is not included in the IRS determination of MSRP. It seems it was not during cash for clunkers. But I don't think there is formal guidance for a law that is not written/adopted. I don't think it is defined within said law drafts either.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
I didn't mean is the Dest charge negotiable or able to be taken off the price. I meant does the tax credit consider the Dest. charge as part of the vehicle price or is it the base MSRP plus options.

Reason I ask is because there is hardly any space left to add any options to a ER lariat and still be under 80k if Dest charge is part of the price the tax credit considers
I believe it's off the total price of the vehicle +/- taxes you pay on it. I don't even think I will qualify for the $7500 to begin with.

Here's some info on it:

https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/the-ins-and-outs-of-electric-vehicle-tax-credits.html
Sponsored