• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does the Lightnings Battery Qualify for Battery tax Credit

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
So reading this IRA, it appears that Batteries that are for backup power connected to the Solar and the grid and get 75 -100% of their energy from Solar they Qualify for the 30% energy storage tax credit. So, just brainstorming here, if the Lightning ER battery is Connected to the Houses back up, is the battery's cost tax credit eligible. Probably not a quick answer, but I'm interested none the less.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
So reading this IRA, it appears that Batteries that are for backup power connected to the Solar and the grid and get 75 -100% of their energy from Solar they Qualify for the 30% energy storage tax credit. So, just brainstorming here, if the Lightning ER battery is Connected to the Houses back up, is the battery's cost tax credit eligible. Probably not a quick answer, but I'm interested none the less.
Technically the SR is just as capable as the ER for this.

F150LER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
The text in the ira define storage that’s primary use is not for transportation.

(A) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘energy storage technology’ means—
‘‘(i) property (other than property primarily used in the transportation of goods or individuals and not for the production of electricity) which receives, stores, and delivers energy for conversion to electricity (or, in the case of hydrogen, which stores energy), and has a nameplate capacity of not less than 5 kilowatt hours, and

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
There's another thread here for the solar storage rebate that pointed at some other language requiring the battery to be exclusively used for the alternative energy system.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
No

hope this helps

OP
OP
Regular150

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Well as long as I only use and document the mileage for the standard range battery and I'm technically exclusively using the extended range battery for the solar backup ;-).
Sponsored