• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Drone Tour of the Rouge plant building Lightnings

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
There is only music to this video, so if you don't like it, turn the volume off. You can get a brief glimpse in behind the liner of the frunk, and see what I believe is part of the charging, and probably heating systems:

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Great find! Is it just me, or does the whole truck just snap together?

Best thing for me from this video is that the front grille just snaps on (probably has screws in back). That means it'll be easily swappable. Thank God. First thing I noticed when looking at pics of the pro is how horrible the front grille looks. Was contemplating having it painted to match body color. Hopefully Ford parts department can sell me a "replacement" Platinum front grille for under a grand.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Car factories are big.

Also, it was good to see the worker just snapping on the grill. Looks like it'll be easy to pop off and wrap or swap out.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
A couple of observations;
The robot that calibrates the scale could move a lot faster! Maybe there is a constraint ahead of it.
Why was there condensation on the trucks? Are they being built under a tent like Tesla did?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
A couple of observations;
The robot that calibrates the scale could move a lot faster! Maybe there is a constraint ahead of it.
Why was there condensation on the trucks? Are they being built under a tent like Tesla did?
Agree on that robot being so slow - maybe multiple of them, not sure.

Second item when you could see water, I assumed maybe there was a water test for windows and door seals, but don't recall exactly where that was in the video without going back through it again.
Sponsored