• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Extra $1k for unwanted tires just to get some Fog Lamps??

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
So I’m in the process of ordering a 2022 XL and for some messed up reason I’m not able to add fog lamps to the build without agreeing to add a different set of tires for an additional $1000.
I’m hoping that this is something I can have sorted out with the dealer without having to pay for tires that I don’t even want But if not, does anyone have any idea how expensive and difficult it will be to add those fog-lamps myself after picking up the new truck?

Ford F-150 Lightning Extra $1k for unwanted tires just to get some Fog Lamps?? E09A4749-97F8-41DF-A385-9A18E0009FB5
Sponsored

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
It is also changing your rim size, so it has to be package related.

Last edited:

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
As best as I can tell…Looking at the Canada order guide, it looks like fog lamps at a minimum required the XL Chrome Appearance Package (86A), which changes you from steel to aluminum wheels, but that’s not a tire size I see for 86A, it looks like the wheel and tire size for the STX package, so I’m a tad confused which package changed (both have fog lamps), but clearly the fog lamps require one of the appearance packages, which is changing the tires. The B&P just sucks at saying that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780
OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
As best as I can tell…Looking at the Canada order guide, it looks like fog lamps at a minimum required the XL Chrome Appearance Package (86A), which changes you from steel to aluminum wheels, but that’s not a tire size I see for 86A, it looks like the wheel and tire size for the STX package, so I’m a tad confused which package changed (both have fog lamps), but clearly the fog lamps require one of the appearance packages, which is changing the tires. The B&P just sucks at saying that.
My build has the XL HIGH equipment group, trailer tow package, FX4 package and the STX package and they still won’t let me have the fog lamps.
I’m thinking of just buying them as separate parts after I get the truck and installing myself but it’s gonna suck if I remove the black plastic inserts in the fog lamp spots and there’s nothing to connect them to behind it.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, they force the chrome appearance OR STX black appearance. Those 20's are part of the STX BAP.

I ordered my XL RCBS with chrome appearance since no STX for reg cabs, for the aluminum rims and fog lamps.

Really didnt want the chrome bumpers, but cheaper to wrap bumbers than buy fogs and rims.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eric

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Yeah, they force the chrome appearance OR STX black appearance. Those 20's are part of the STX BAP.

I ordered my XL RCBS with chrome appearance since no STX for reg cabs, for the aluminum rims and fog lamps.

Really didnt want the chrome bumpers, but cheaper to wrap bumbers than buy fogs and rims.
Really sucks how they force things. It’s worse in Canada. I couldn’t even get any of the packages without first replacing the 3.3L with the 2.7L.
No STX for Reg cabs is very no bueno. That combination would’ve looked so sweet.

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
Really sucks how they force things. It’s worse in Canada. I couldn’t even get any of the packages without first replacing the 3.3L with the 2.7L.
No STX for Reg cabs is very no bueno. That combination would’ve looked so sweet.

Gotta do something to stop everyone from buying an optioned out XL

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, i ordered a 2014 F150 RCBS and was able to add STX. Guess ford changed this a few years ago.

Bummer

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Maybe add some old school style fog lamps even lower than the stock location. The OEM fog light location and style/color look like they're there mostly for appearance and not actual fog; which you would no doubt experience up North.
Sponsored