• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass and Apple Watch

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Since my Pro doesn't have Phone as Key or the door keypad (one thing I will really miss from my XLT) I am hoping the Ford Pass App on Apple Watch can fill in some of the gaps. Anyone have experience? Sounds like it should allow me to remote start and unlock the vehicle from the watch, at a minimum.

Anyone have experience?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
My watch works great with the ford pass app. 2021 xlt, Apple Watch 7. Can lock, unlock, and remote start.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
You can lock, unlock and remote start from the watch. You can also manage different vehicles.
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass and Apple Watch C0AE7D4E-809B-4BAE-AE05-B0ED68472DFF

Sponsored

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
You can lock, unlock and remote start from the watch. You can also manage different vehicles.
Cool. I didn't know you could do that. Is that cellular based? Meaning, if you don't have cell service you can't unlock with your watch?

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
Cool. I didn't know you could do that. Is that cellular based? Meaning, if you don't have cell service you can't unlock with your watch?
I do believe you need a signal for it to work. I’ve not been in a place where I didn’t have a signal to test it. I don’t believe it works with “near field” the way “phone as a key” does. Through the app Incan remote start or lock/unlock from anywhere, I don’t have to be next to the car.

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
In case anyone runs across this thread thinking they will use only the Apple Watch to start your vehicle, it’s not as useful as it should be. The watch has to be connected to your phone to work. This makes it pretty useless to me, since I normally don’t carry my phone.

OP
OP

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In case anyone runs across this thread thinking they will use only the Apple Watch to start your vehicle, it’s not as useful as it should be. The watch has to be connected to your phone to work. This makes it pretty useless to me, since I normally don’t carry my phone.
even if your watch has its own SIM card/lte connection?

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
even if your watch has its own SIM card/lte connection?
Yes, I couldn’t believe it when I first saw it. I have the cellular watch and wanted to start my truck from the restaurant and the watch app says you have to connect your watch to the phone to use the app. Pretty useless.
Sponsored