• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gatorback or Duraflap mudflaps with or without steel plate

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
Sales
Does anyone have any experience with either of these flaps and is there really a need or function to have the steel plates on them other than looks? Advice and recommendations appreciated.
Sponsored

Airspeed00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 502 SCREW
Does anyone have any experience with either of these flaps and is there really a need or function to have the steel plates on them other than looks? Advice and recommendations appreciated.
Also looking for similar information. I'm assuming the plate adds some weight to help keep it down at highway speeds.

Hopefully we can get someone who knows.

OP
OP

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
Sales
Also looking for similar information. I'm assuming the plate adds some weight to help keep it down at highway speeds.

Hopefully we can get someone who knows.
I have Bushwackers installed now and the plates are basically cosmetic only although they do add a little weight. Mine are just the plain rubber ones with no plates. The flaps are very heavy and the plates are not needed at all. They do a great job of covering a slightly oversized wheel/ tire.
Sponsored