• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to fix BlueCruise not working on new MY23

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Conditions that have to be true for this to work:
  • 2023 Lightning with BlueCruise functionality built in
  • BlueCruise maps have to not be expired (check this in settings)
  • BlueCruise has to have never worked for you
    • This will not fix BlueCruise not working today if it worked yesterday type thing

To make BlueCruise work:
  • Either
    • Disconnect the 12v for a minute
    • Or remove fuse 32 from the fuse panel in the passenger foot well for a minute
  • That's it

There's an issue with a module getting stuck in a loop as it comes out of transport mode from the factory. That's why this will only work if BlueCruise has never worked for you and will only work to fix it that one time (it could fix other stuff, other times, but that's just coincidence).
Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Disconnecting the battery worked for me when all my comms-dependent stuff stopped working, including my previously working Blue Cruise.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Page 432 of the 2022 manual
Ford F-150 Lightning How to fix BlueCruise not working on new MY23 1674100450312

Hunter

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
    • This will not fix BlueCruise not working today if it worked yesterday type thing

To make BlueCruise work:
  • Either
  • That's it

There's an issue with a module getting stuck in a loop as it comes out of transport mode from the factory. That's why this will only work if BlueCruise has never worked for you and will only work to fix it that one time (it could fix other stuff, other times, but that's just coincidence).
I just got my 22 Lightning and can't get Blue Cruise to work. It says it's on, but then after several seconds after I let go of the wheel, it tells me to grab the wheel.
I'm not very electric savvy, do you know if the fuse setup is the same for the 22?

OP
OP

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I just got my 22 Lightning and can't get Blue Cruise to work. It says it's on, but then after several seconds after I let go of the wheel, it tells me to grab the wheel.
I'm not very electric savvy, do you know if the fuse setup is the same for the 22?
Fuse will be the same. You just took delivery of your 22MY and it doesn't work?

Sponsored

Hunter

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Fuse will be the same. You just took delivery of your 22MY and it doesn't work?
I got it about a month ago, but still trying to figure things out and finally came here to ask for advice. No, the blue cruise has never worked. (assuming I'm supposed to be able to let go of the steering wheel like in the video)

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER

To make BlueCruise work:
  • Either
  • That's it

Any recommended tools for pulling fuses on this truck? Not sure if most will work or if this needs something special due to the size.

Last edited:

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got it about a month ago, but still trying to figure things out and finally came here to ask for advice. No, the blue cruise has never worked. (assuming I'm supposed to be able to let go of the steering wheel like in the video)
Check Settings > General > About Sync to see what's listed for "Hands-Free Driving Mode available through xx-xx-xxxx"

I originally thought this would apply to my 22 since BlueCruise Hands-Free has never worked for me, but misread the item indicating that BlueCruse maps have to not be expired. Mine still shows 10-12-2022, which is odd considering it was delivered in November. I've made a dealer appointment to see if that will fix it.

OP
OP

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
@Hunter and @ziptbm it's worth at least trying the disconnect the 12v path on both of yours before going to the dealer to see if it will fix it

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Are you sure you are using bluecruise? The reason why I ask is I thought the same for the first few weeks.

if there is a silver steering wheel logo on bottom / middle of your speedometer screen then that’s not bluecruise. That’s the “assist” part of cruise control. This will “steer” your truck similar to bluecruise but make you grab the wheel every 5 seconds.
Bluecruise will actually pop up “when on major interstates “ and say blue cruise is available. That’s the blue steering wheel that you see in YouTube videos. This allows you to use real hands free.

now if it’s the blue steering wheel and “blue cruise available” popped up and let you know it was available then I have no clue what’s happening

Sponsored

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Hunter and @ziptbm it's worth at least trying the disconnect the 12v path on both of yours before going to the dealer to see if it will fix it
I did try the disconnect, but it did not work. I found another thread where the 10-12-2022 date appears to be associated with a TSB update required.

One thing I was I not expecting was the frunk would not close after the disconnect. I’ve also found another thread that indicated this is normal after pulling the power so it requires a manual reset, but also another one that shared a few stories from owners indicating that water due to misalignment and design can cause the four beeps. This is like webmd, a black hole of misdiagnosis. Haha

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning

To make BlueCruise work:
  • Either
  • That's it

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Had my 22 Lightning in for 12 volt battery sensor, mentioned my hands free was hogging the right side of any lane it was in. They said my module that controls it would not take an update. They ordered a new module. Also they tested my 12 volt battery, and ordered a new one, as it was weak. Dealer gave me a loaner truck, happy that they are checking everything!

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Last edited:
OP
OP

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I just received this issue this morning when I drove around the truck. It said my maps were expired. I thought they removed the expiration from the maps? Under General and About Sync… it doesn’t mention any expiration. My map version is MU5T-14H394-AAR
That message is a backend bug. Maps are fine and so is BlueCruise
Sponsored