• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Installing factory fold down rear storage

Shyrax

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F150 Limited
Occupation
IT Management
PART NUMBERS:
Storage: ML3Z-26310B17-AA
Bolts (T40): W505495-S450
Washers: W700625-S450B
Nuts: W704370-S450B
Covers: 9L3Z-15672A40-BB

I picked up the rear storage before my truck ever was delivered. It went in (unbolted) the day after I took delivery of my Limited. Even though I did not have issues with it sliding around, I wanted to try to bolt it down if possible. Looking from the driver’s side, I could not see anything other than the gas tank. Tried from the right side and found these threaded holes already in the body.

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing factory fold down rear storage 72FF5022-C087-4D82-8B15-236E201E5ED9

Close up
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing factory fold down rear storage 989DC383-9D77-4221-B8D6-3B431E78CEF3

I screwed the bolts into these holes to see where they would bulge through the carpet. The bulges matched up perfectly with the indentions made by the rear storage after sitting in place for 2 months. I cut holes big enough for the bolts to stick through, but they were not long enough for the nut to catch. Following the indentions in the carpet, I cut out the circles. Tried again but the nuts were still not grabbing. I had to cut out all the padding too. Straight down to the metal. Discovered these threaded holes were covered from the inside with a black almost gaffer’s style tape. Had to cut it off one of the bolts. It was a lot stretchier than gaffer’s, but still cloth based and thick. Once the carpet and padding were removed, the nuts went right on with no issues.
Looks like the only way to bolt down the driver’s side is by removing the gas tank. Not gonna happen.

Now if I can just get my hands on the lock cylinders for the seat bottoms.
Sponsored