• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Minnesota ISO OEM Headlight Assembies

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT (302A), 2016 Harley Davidson Sports
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
Title says it all. I tried to tint my headlights with VHT Nightshades and they are literally FUBAR. I tried removing the tint with brake fluid as many online have suggested, and it fogged the crap out of my driver's side headlight. Can't buff it out or anything, it's literally ruined. I ended up reapplying the tint to cover up the ruined headlight but it looks awful. So I am officially ISO new headlight assemblies. Anyone replace their stock headlights and may be willing to part with their OEMs for a decent price? I'm literally heartbroken right now...
Sponsored

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
Title says it all. I tried to tint my headlights with VHT Nightshades and they are literally FUBAR. I tried removing the tint with brake fluid as many online have suggested, and it fogged the crap out of my driver's side headlight. Can't buff it out or anything, it's literally ruined. I ended up reapplying the tint to cover up the ruined headlight but it looks awful. So I am officially ISO new headlight assemblies. Anyone replace their stock headlights and may be willing to part with their OEMs for a decent price? I'm literally heartbroken right now...
Do you have pictures? I’ve seen pretty trashed headlights restored. 302a headlights won’t be cheap! You’re local so I might be able to help. ??‍♂

OP
OP
mhoffman54

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
Do you have pictures? I’ve seen pretty trashed headlights restored. 302a headlights won’t be cheap! You’re local so I might be able to help. ??‍♂
Been working on it all day. Still pretty foggy, but we're getting close!

Ford F-150 Lightning ISO OEM Headlight Assembies 20210822_163056

Ford F-150 Lightning ISO OEM Headlight Assembies 20210822_163052

Ford F-150 Lightning ISO OEM Headlight Assembies 20210822_163047

Ford F-150 Lightning ISO OEM Headlight Assembies 20210822_163043

Ford F-150 Lightning ISO OEM Headlight Assembies 20210822_163037

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Did you start with wet sanding them?

OP
OP
mhoffman54

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
I did, yes. You should have seen them last night... Couldn't even see the bulb underneath. Wouldn't even call it frosted. Just straight white. They look much better now. I'm never spraying anything on my truck ever again!!! ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
mhoffman54

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
The clear coat wipes in the 3M kit I got made a huge difference. They're still far from perfect, but at this point nobody they're not nearly as noticable. It'll probably bug me forever, so maybe at some point I'll get another kit and start the process again, but for now, I can drive in public again without being embarrassed!! ??
I work at a dealership. The real test will be seeing how many people notice at work tomorrow. I might take it to our body shop and see what it'll cost to have a pro restore them with my discount.
At least at this point I no longer feel like I need to drop $900 on a replacement assembly. ?

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lesson learned my friend ?

AdamC

First Name