• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Local Demo Deliveries

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
Hey all -

Opening this thread so we can share and keep each other informed about Lightning deliveries and news for the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area.

(Edit 8/9) Wynne Ford in Hampton has received their Lightning demo (Red Lariat ER, already sold, sorry). They gave me the 'tour' this past Saturday in prep for when my Lariat arrives. If anyone on the Peninsula is interested in seeing one IRL, they currently have it in their showroom.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WileyKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 F-150 Lightning
I just had a dealer tell me that in Pennsylvania the demo units are considered used vehicles. Can anyone confirm this?

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I just had a dealer tell me that in Pennsylvania the demo units are considered used vehicles. Can anyone confirm this?
Unless they were titled, they are still considered new at the time of purchase. Now whether you consider it new with several thousand miles on the clock by the time you get it is a different story. But as far as the tax credit is concerned, they are considered new unless previously titled.

WileyKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 F-150 Lightning
Unless they were titled, they are still considered new at the time of purchase. Now whether you consider it new with several thousand miles on the clock by the time you get it is a different story. But as far as the tax credit is concerned, they are considered new unless previously titled.
The dealer said they had to have the lightning titled.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
The dealer said they had to have the lightning titled.
That's very odd. I suspect there's something they're not telling you. Every dealer I've seen with a mannequin has it untitled and listed as new. In addition they don't even have the charge station pro yet since that is delivered upon titling of the vehicle.

I would keep looking if you really want to buy a mannequin as you should find a truck that can be sold as new. And there are plenty out there!
Sponsored