• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ML3Z17696BA Trailer Tow Mirrors w/BLIS but w/o Cameras have puddle and spot lights?

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Working with my dealer to order the right Trailer Tow Mirrors and am confused about tow mirror functions.

My OEM mirrors have heat, signals, puddle lights, flood lights, BLIS. No cameras or auto fold. I want to ensure my tow mirrors have the same functions, specifically the puddle and flood lights.

Here are the only descriptions I can find for the ML3Z17696BA part number. My dealer read back the same description. Not sure if the dealer side has better descriptions.

Does anyone have this mirror model ( ML3Z17696BA ) and can confirm/deny whether they retain the puddle light and flood lights (and other functions like heat, signal, etc). Thanks

Ford F-150 Lightning ML3Z17696BA Trailer Tow Mirrors w/BLIS but w/o Cameras have puddle and spot lights? 12-28-2021 11-37-38 AM

Ford F-150 Lightning ML3Z17696BA Trailer Tow Mirrors w/BLIS but w/o Cameras have puddle and spot lights? 12-28-2021 11-37-09 AM
Sponsored

webs1775

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.0 V8 10 Speed
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking to upgrade to the Tow mirrors as well. I have the following mirrors currently on my 2020 Lariat. I have the power folding, heated, front turn signal, puddle lights and BLIS. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealership to see which exact towing mirrors I would need. Like you, I just want to make sure I purchase the correct mirrors that allow me to continue to use these capabilities on the stock mirrors I currently have.
Ford F-150 Lightning ML3Z17696BA Trailer Tow Mirrors w/BLIS but w/o Cameras have puddle and spot lights? Truck Mirror #1

Flasniper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Ford F250
Occupation
Management
Hello - I'm here searching for the same information you request. I see you Asked this questions months ago. What did you end up doing? Did you order the Tow mirrors ML3z17696BA?

OP
OP
pavementends

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Hello - I'm here searching for the same information you request. I see you Asked this questions months ago. What did you end up doing? Did you order the Tow mirrors ML3z17696BA?
Yes, that model retained all my OEM functions, which include everything but cameras and power fold/telescope. The physical mirror swap takes minutes, but you (or dealer) will need to use Forscan to reprogram the truck to activate the mirror running lights as described here https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/enable-tow-mirror-running-lights.6356/
Sponsored