• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Ooooh, I've been looking forward to this one!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Pretty much what I expected. Their description of how the 2nd chiller is plumbed pretty much confirms that the max tow package is helping all the time, so at least that is answered.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
So my takeaway is that my AC is probably going to work better here in Las Vegas since I ordered the Max Tow pkg. I'll take it.
🥵

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Some things that caught my ear:
  1. Chillers share the same condenser and the same expansion tank (Don't know if that is good, bad, or neutral)
  2. The additional chiller in the max tow package cools the battery/motors/electrical equipment. The main chiller only cools the cabin with max tow equipped.
  3. The entire thermal system is very complicated and has a lot of opportunity for optimization. What I'm hearing between he words is it could be a maintenance nightmare as the truck ages.
  4. Overall Ford did well with what they had to work with.
  5. Hit that subscribe button like Cory would want you to.

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
The entire thermal system is very complicated and has a lot of opportunity for optimization. What I'm hearing between he words is it could be a maintenance nightmare as the truck ages
I foresee a lot of hose replacements in 10-15 years and hope that most are accessible without removing the cab first! Maybe I am wrong and they last longer now...

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
While I’m in Arizona, feel better not getting the max tow package. Anytime I would tow would be during cooler weather and having two compressors is just more draw and failure points. I could be wrong, but for me simplicity wins and still hope this fully cools the cab and batteries in the summer.

Will bleach help me unsee that mess of coolant and refrigerant lines.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
No surprises here at all. Lots of extra plumbing, just like in the Mach E. Ford engineered this system with so many catalog parts rather than a ground up engineering effort. Knew the max tow package would be the way to go... Just like the HD tow package on the Expedition and a few of the ICE 150's that have offered it. Extra thermal management/ cooling/ etc.. is a good thing.
Sponsored