• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Music stops when Apple CarPlay used

Jaldmd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning lariat
So I just picked up my truck two days ago. I can’t seem to find a way to stop this super annoying thing.

when I’m listening to music and is use Siri or a message plays the music stops as it should, but the music doesn’t turn back on. I have to press the music button on the touchscreen.

I’d like The music to automatically turn back on, any ideas?

thank you
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
How are you invoking Siri? While using CarPlay - I press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel (a quick press invokes Ford, a long press will invoke Apple). All I ever typically do is "Message" or "Navigate", but either way, once I'm done my music starts playing again. I'm almost always playing from the phone as well, either my music, Pandora or Tidal. To say the least it starts replaying.

When the truck was new and I used Sirius I believe it worked OK then too.

The only problem I have is each time I get in and start, the CarPlay music will start playing about 5 seconds and then it stops. I typically have to press play to start it again. Once I do that it behaves after sending messages, etc.

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum Edition
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
The only problem I have is each time I get in and start, the CarPlay music will start playing about 5 seconds and then it stops. I typically have to press play to start it again. Once I do that it behaves after sending messages, etc.
I have this same problem- about five seconds and then shuts off
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: GDN