• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Need Advice on Leveling Kit and Steps

Steelio

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 lightning
Had my Lariat ER for a year and I love it. Before that I was in a tacoma. I am considering a small kit to level the front of the truck. I am not thinking of changing wheels or tires. Just bring the front up a slight amount (maybe a 3/4 kit). Here are my concerns:

* Should I do it myself? I have the tools and have worked on other vehicles before, but no leveling kits.
* Do I (or the dealer) need to adjust anything like lights, bluecruise, sensors, etc
* How bad do you think it will affect my range? I do mostly city driving but take the occasional road trip.

* Any other thoughts or advice?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I am in the same situation and have been asking the question, how does a leveling kit affect range without an answer. It sure would be great someone has done this and could chime in but I am starting to think that no one has done this and calculated range difference.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
I only had my truck a week before I got it leveled in front. The last 8,000 miles (stupid trip clock reset on me so i don't have a lifetime reading now) I am at exactly 2.0 mi/kwh. Prob 50/50 city under 45 and hwy at 70+. Basically, I drive the speed limit, so a good bit at 75 and even 80-85 (usually see 1.5 mi/kwh at those speeds) on the toll roads. No effect on BC, don't know if they adjusted headlghts, I hope so, but maybe the autolevel on the lights when you startup takes care of it?

OP
OP

Steelio

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 lightning
I only had my truck a week before I got it leveled in front. The last 8,000 miles (stupid trip clock reset on me so i don't have a lifetime reading now) I am at exactly 2.0 mi/kwh. Prob 50/50 city under 45 and hwy at 70+. Basically, I drive the speed limit, so a good bit at 75 and even 80-85 (usually see 1.5 mi/kwh at those speeds) on the toll roads. No effect on BC, don't know if they adjusted headlghts, I hope so, but maybe the autolevel on the lights when you startup takes care of it?

Thank you. This is incredibly helpful. So it sounds like the dealer installed them for you? What size and brand kit did you use?

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Thank you. This is incredibly helpful. So it sounds like the dealer installed them for you? What size and brand kit did you use?
Yes, asked them to add the level and factory folding tonneau when I purchased. Pretty sure it is the 2” rough country. Looks good, I don’t think I can tell
Much difference in the ride. I guess ive heard others say it makes it a little bouncier in front? But again, only had it a week without.

Just got back from a little trip out to Caldwell and back, think I got right at 2.0 and that was more or less 70 the whole way. Crosswinds kinda bad on the way out but helped a little after the road heads more north, hurt on the way back obv…

Sponsored
OP
OP

Steelio

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 lightning
Thanks. Do you have any before and after pics?

OP
OP

Steelio

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 lightning
Yes, asked them to add the level and factory folding tonneau when I purchased. Pretty sure it is the 2” rough country. Looks good, I don’t think I can tell
Much difference in the ride. I guess ive heard others say it makes it a little bouncier in front? But again, only had it a week without.

Just got back from a little trip out to Caldwell and back, think I got right at 2.0 and that was more or less 70 the whole way. Crosswinds kinda bad on the way out but helped a little after the road heads more north, hurt on the way back obv…
thanks. This is helpful. what did the dealership charge to install it? Do you have any before and after pics?

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
thanks. This is helpful. what did the dealership charge to install it? Do you have any before and after pics?
Don't remember what I paid, it was wrapped up in the sale. It was pretty cheap tho.
Ford F-150 Lightning Need Advice on Leveling Kit and Steps IMG_8009
Ford F-150 Lightning Need Advice on Leveling Kit and Steps IMG_8027