• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Overlander/Adventure F150 ideas

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
Hey all, curious if anyone has built or is planning to build an overland/adventure capable F150? Toying around with some mod ideas but I will need to keep the truck somewhat tame as I use it for my business and towing. Thinking of an awning that I can adapt to my current rack, lift, bumpers, lights, etc.. Would like to hear about products that you have used personally, would recommend and what may compliment the F150 platform. I won't be doing any sort of roof-top tent as I have a 23' camp trailer and I don't like the idea of my family of 5 in one tiny tent! When we are not trailer camping though we love to head out for day trips into our mountains and explore. Formerly an off road tour guide in Moab and have worked with several classes of desert race vehicles so I am very familiar with off-roading, rock crawling and high speed desert runs.
Take a look at my friend Nick's company Bionic Offroad for some inspiration:
Bionic Offroad, Instagram
Bionic Offroad, YouTube video
Sponsored

DANNER

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Lariat PowerBoost
That a pretty sweet build done by Bionic Offroad. Crazy how the kitchen was built.

I haven't gotten an F150 yet, but I'm looking to build a camper/overland build for my family. Not sure exactly what I'll do, but thinking of getting a FourWheelCamper Project M Topper. If not that then a bed topper with a Roof top tent.

JLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, 2015 Mustang GT, 2005 GX470
That a pretty sweet build done by Bionic Offroad. Crazy how the kitchen was built.

I haven't gotten an F150 yet, but I'm looking to build a camper/overland build for my family. Not sure exactly what I'll do, but thinking of getting a FourWheelCamper Project M Topper. If not that then a bed topper with a Roof top tent.
If you haven't bought one yet, check out AT Overland's stuff too -- I have an eye on the Habitat: https://atoverland.com/pages/at-truck-toppers

I'm hoping for some data on how range is impacted -- a traditional topper doesn't have much impact, but with these protruding above the cab line I'm not sure how significant it'll be.

Aces_Over_Kings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost; 2022 Lariat ER (poached)
Wow, that camp kitchen setup in the bed wall is wild.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring