• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Painting Wheels: need help deciding between black or stone gray/black.

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost FX4
Occupation
IT
I've got a new Stone Gray F-150 and am wanting to keep my factory steel wheels but the silver color just does not match the rest of the tuck. I'm wanting to do a matted wheel finish, so no shine and want to do the center hubcap black to match the plastics on the vehicle.

For the rim, I'm torn between the same black or doing stone gray to match the truck.

What are your thoughts?

Here is a picture of the truck as it is now:

Ford F-150 Lightning Painting Wheels: need help deciding between black or stone gray/black. IMG_0712.JPG

Here are two poorly photoshopped pictures, one in stone gray and black and the other all black:
Ford F-150 Lightning Painting Wheels: need help deciding between black or stone gray/black. IMG_0712 - Gray and Black.JPG
Ford F-150 Lightning Painting Wheels: need help deciding between black or stone gray/black. IMG_0712 - Black

Also, if someone out there is actually competent with photoshop could you do a better job with these pictures. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Match the truck!

LaHerencia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XL SCrew SB Powerboost 4x4, 2018 F450
I've got a new Stone Gray F-150 and am wanting to keep my factory steel wheels but the silver color just does not match the rest of the tuck. I'm wanting to do a matted wheel finish, so no shine and want to do the center hubcap black to match the plastics on the vehicle.

For the rim, I'm torn between the same black or doing stone gray to match the truck.

What are your thoughts?

Here is a picture of the truck as it is now:

IMG_0712.JPG

Here are two poorly photoshopped pictures, one in stone gray and black and the other all black:
IMG_0712 - Gray and Black.JPG
IMG_0712 - Black.jpg

Also, if someone out there is actually competent with photoshop could you do a better job with these pictures. Thanks in advance.
I plan on doing the same with my wheels when it gets warm. But I am not going solid, I am leaving the outer rim silver, inner portion gloss black, center cap silver. I did a test run using photo shop and I liked it. The style reminds me of the day when wheels used to have a chrome trim ring. Forgot to add, I lean to the stone gray with black center cap.

OP
OP
sempifi99

sempifi99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost FX4
Occupation
IT
I plan on doing the same with my wheels when it gets warm. But I am not going solid, I am leaving the outer rim silver, inner portion gloss black, center cap silver. I did a test run using photo shop and I liked it. The style reminds me of the day when wheels used to have a chrome trim ring. Forgot to add, I lean to the stone gray with black center cap.
Sounds like that will look sharp. Upload a picture when you are done, I'd like to see it.
Sponsored