• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Parking aid settings

John G

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F150 FX4
2021 Lariat with 502A 360 degree camera. When pulling into a parking spot I would have thought that the parking aid, cameras, would come on automatically. For the cameras to come on I have to select them from above the display. On my wife’s car, a Lexus, when she comes to a stop her cameras come on and show the parking lines etc. Am I missing something in the setup of the 150 system that would allow this to operate like in the Lexus? Chat with ford indicated this is not available. It is such a nice feature allowing for view directly in front of the hood eliminating the blind spot which could hide a small child or animal. Anyone else feel this should be an option? Hopefully I am just missing a setup to allow this. I know the cameras come on automatically in reverse but would be nice to have it in drive as well.
Thanks John
Sponsored

Tjbev13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT 302A, 3.5EB, Max Tow, FX4
Occupation
Turner of wrenches
My front and 360 camera come on automatically but i have to be really close to something or someone in front of me.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I thought the same, you need to be close enough to have the sensors go off for the cameras to come on, pretty annoying. I find myself always trying to reach up and hit the camera button to turn them as I pull into places, which ironically makes me more likely to end up hitting something...

OP
OP

John G

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F150 FX4
Ok will try and see it it does when I get closer to the door. Maybe a adjustment that may come later with Forscan.

OP
OP

John G

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F150 FX4
I still must be missing something is settings. Pulled up really close to the wall and the sensors show but the cameras do not come on. Sometimes I wish for the lack of technology in my 78 F250. Got the 250 back then as it had no smog control other than the PVC valve. Of course it got 10MPG loaded with gravel or empty.

Rahul

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platty PB, 18 Audi Q7, 12 Infy G37x
Occupation
IT Professional
I thought the same, you need to be close enough to have the sensors go off for the cameras to come on, pretty annoying. I find myself always trying to reach up and hit the camera button to turn them as I pull into places, which ironically makes me more likely to end up hitting something...
Haha! Ditto..It's kinda annoying to engage the front camera manually. My 18 Audi Q7 turns the front cam on automatically in drive and switches off at about 5 m/hr. Little creature comforts. I am hoping there is a hack
Sponsored