• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Received software OTA 7/27/21 over night and experience today

silentzypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
You won’t see the message long sir.

it is a tiny message, and it shows to the left/upper where “Kristopher’s iPhone Connected” shows up. Don’t set it to manual, because then it only updates 1 time per week.

Try connecting to wifi before you park your truck each night. This caused my update to install in just a couple days.

The updates obviously roll out based on in service date, because my truck had been trying to install the update (getting update failed in Ford pass app) for about 2 weeks. 2 days after I connected to wifi at home, it installed.
I’m always on WiFi. Plus the notification will stay up on the top of the screen until I cycle through to begin. When auto is off it just notifies you a update is available to the actual truck and you start the install when your ready.
I’ve updated 3 of my vehicles. I used a flash drive on 2 and update with WiFi on the 3rd.
Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I’m always on WiFi. Plus the notification will stay up on the top of
I’m always on WiFi. Plus the notification will stay up on the top of the screen until I cycle through to begin. When auto is off it just notifies you a update is available to the actual truck and you start the install when your ready.
I’ve updated 3 of my vehicles. I used a flash drive on 2 and update with WiFi on the 3rd.
How do you use a flash drive to update the truck?

Are you referring to the Sync 2 or 3?