• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reservation holder, can I swap dealers?

oldironside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto
I know this was possible with bronco, is it with f150? I haven’t swapped a dealer yet with this reservation and it has yet to be converted into an order.
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Yup. Search and you’ll see plenty of people were able to change *before* ordering.

trackstar1319

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser
I was able to change dealership by calling the Ford Marketing Department. I was even refunded my initial $100 deposit. It was explained to me that the deposit does not transfer when you switch dealers. I was told this would not affect my order position or date and time stamp of my reservation in any way. It all worked out because I got my reservation converted and I am happy with my new dealer.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I was able to change dealership by calling the Ford Marketing Department. I was even refunded my initial $100 deposit. It was explained to me that the deposit does not transfer when you switch dealers. I was told this would not affect my order position or date and time stamp of my reservation in any way. It all worked out because I got my reservation converted and I am happy with my new dealer.
I did the same thing.

You can change your dealer up until the time you submit the order and pay the deposit. You can even receive your order invite, then call Ford to switch dealers, then place the order. Many people did this because the magic $2k/$5k/$10k/$20k ADM from dealers started appearing in the order summary screen.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Go to your reservation page and view the reservation. There will be instructions for changing dealers and the number to call. I got a scare when I did it. The lady said that by changing dealers I could go to the bottom of the new dealers list. Sounded like it was dealer dependent. She asked if I wanted to continue and I did. After, I checked with my new dealer and I was about the same position as my old dealer. I’ve never heard of anyone changing and going to the bottom so not sure if what she said could happen at certain dealers.

Sponsored

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
I extended my wave 6 invite for a Pro and am expecting a possible invite today. I planned on getting the invite then calling Ford to switch then order. When I contacted my new dealer choice yesterday they said I needed to "urgently" understand that they have no allocations left and I might not get a truck until 2023 or maybe later. They said my allocation is with the original dealer. I'm not sure what to believe now about switching. Looks like you go to the rear of the line.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I extended my wave 6 invite for a Pro and am expecting a possible invite today. I planned on getting the invite then calling Ford to switch then order. When I contacted my new dealer choice yesterday they said I needed to "urgently" understand that they have no allocations left and I might not get a truck until 2023 or maybe later. They said my allocation is with the original dealer. I'm not sure what to believe now about switching. Looks like you go to the rear of the line.
I think your new dealer is still stuck on 2022. Do they know about the new 2023 order process that is opening? They will get new allocation. My new dealer wasn’t sure about transfer process either but I relied on the info here to have confidence in making the switch. It worked out fine. Dealer salespeople are grossly under informed.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think your new dealer is still stuck on 2022. Do they know about the new 2023 order process that is opening? They will get new allocation. My new dealer wasn’t sure about transfer process either but I relied on the info here to have confidence in making the switch. It worked out fine. Dealer salespeople are grossly under informed.
I think you should be right because 2023 allocations should be fresh I would think. The dealer has a lot of reservations and the info comes from their "Lightning" team. I sure wish this was more transparent. Hard to make a decision. I'm trying to avoid a 5K ADM from the original dealer.

trackstar1319

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser
The dealer I switched to had 120 pre orders and I did not go to the back of the line. The way the reservation manager explained it to me was it was all based on date and time stamp and his dealership had no control over who got the order invitation from Ford. Once I received my order invite he told me I ended up being 4th in line.

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
When u switch dealers after you receive an invite to order and before you actually place the order your allocation goes with you to the new dealer. Just make sure the new dealer is will to accept the order. I switched and the dealer rejected it, and my order was stuck. It was hell to get it unstuck.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The dealer I switched to had 120 pre orders and I did not go to the back of the line. The way the reservation manager explained it to me was it was all based on date and time stamp and his dealership had no control over who got the order invitation from Ford. Once I received my order invite he told me I ended up being 4th in line.
That's what I expected and planned for. Of course 2023's could be playing with a different set of rules. Maybe I can eventually get a definitive answer from Ford.
Sponsored