• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Seattle to Dallas tips

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I am thinking two nights:

Seattle -> Salt lake City -> Denver -> Dallas

Any tips of if u recommend another route please let me know.

Lariat ER
Sponsored

H3IMDALL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
Seattle to Salt Lake is easy, but Price is your only charging station before Monticello going south to I-40. Not sure about east to Glenwood Springs. I know SW Colorado and NW Nm was a charging desert. We chose to come back (from OKC) via southern route through Cali for the convenience (and we’re kinda sick of seeing Kansas/Wy and Idaho). Ofc we were also in snowstorms from Idaho to Gallup, NM. You can likely make it if stations are operable… and the Chargepoints usually are in Utah, although the ones in Co were 6.2kwh.. Electrify went out for most of SLC when we went through. Lowest we came in at was 7% left coming into Gallup.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
DCFC is tough around Dallas - Only 4 EA chargers any where close to the DFW area. There are some other brands popping up. If you end up through Oklahoma look for Francis Chargers. Their reliability is hit or miss, but I've never been left completely stranded. Their credit card readers rarely work. Sign up for an account and get their card or activate from the app.

Welcome to Dallas.

OP
OP

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
DCFC is tough around Dallas - Only 4 EA chargers any where close to the DFW area. There are some other brands popping up. If you end up through Oklahoma look for Francis Chargers. Their reliability is hit or miss, but I've never been left completely stranded. Their credit card readers rarely work. Sign up for an account and get their card or activate from the app.

Welcome to Dallas.
That is really alarming. I have seen Tesla super chargers there but you are right not much of other super chargers and way less electrical cars compared to Seattle.

Both Ford app and ABRP shows an EZ Go and a Francis chargers at the end. Thanks for tip, got the Francis app setup.

• Love
Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
That is really alarming. I have seen Tesla super chargers there but you are right not much of other super chargers and way less electrical cars compared to Seattle.

Both Ford app and ABRP shows an EZ Go and a Francis chargers at the end. Thanks for tip, got the Francis app setup.
Tesla has put it in overdrive. just in the Dallas metro area - 3 years ago I think we had 4 or 5 Superchargers - this week number 23 was just opened. Yep - 23. In town, around town, just out of town and at every Buccee's. If you don't know what Buccee's is - you must add it to a stop - there are a few around.

Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.

Welcome to Dallas.
Driving back and forth from Wisconsin to Oklahoma over the last week and a half, Francis chargers were great to use, if not that fast. Set up your account, and have them send you a card, in case your cell signal is bad.

Reactions: GDN

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
From Denver to Dallas is going to make for a long day, 16 hours or more. My recommendation would be to go east through Kansas and then south through Oklahoma as opposed to trying to go through Amarillo.
Sponsored