• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Short J1772 extension

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
I'm looking for a short, maybe 3-6ft, extension to use with the level 2 chargers at work. Sometimes the only choice I have is to back in to the stalls. Unfortunately the cables on the chargers are just 1-2 feet too short so in those situations I'm SOL. I've found links to extensions on here and Amazon but I don't need 16-20+ feet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I bought that one last year for my garage L2 EVSE. When I went from a !eaf to a Tesla the original cord wouldn’t reach the Tesla charging receptacle. It worked well.

I eventually had a Tesla Wall connector with an 24 ft cord installed in a different location in my garage and it reaches either Tesla or Lightning so I no longer use the extension.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
You could always buy a J1772 extention cord and a replacement J1772 handle. Then cut off the handle on the extention cord and wire the replacement to it to make a shorter cable.
Sponsored