• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sync 4 apps independent of phone

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Is there any way to get the Pandora, iHeart Radio app to run independent of the phone? Ultimately I would like these to run using my trucks data plan (which is unlimited) vs my phones (which is limited).

Right now when i go to use them it tells me I have to disconnect car play… so you gotta go into settings, phones, find your phone, disconnect car play, go to the phone and make sure its on the hotspot, connect back to the truck with bluetooth… sometimes it will decide it wants back on carplay so may need a rinse and repeat here… then finally can launch pandora…. There has got to be a simpler and safer way to implement this.
Sponsored

The_Gregors

First Name
The_Gregors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021_Lariat_SuperCrew
Occupation
Cybersecurity Architect
Is there any way to get the Pandora, iHeart Radio app to run independent of the phone? Ultimately I would like these to run using my trucks data plan (which is unlimited) vs my phones (which is limited).

Right now when i go to use them it tells me I have to disconnect car play… so you gotta go into settings, phones, find your phone, disconnect car play, go to the phone and make sure its on the hotspot, connect back to the truck with bluetooth… sometimes it will decide it wants back on carplay so may need a rinse and repeat here… then finally can launch pandora…. There has got to be a simpler and safer way to implement this.

Not sure if this will be helpful, but certain apps need to be enabled for CarPlay on the iPhone. I don’t use the Apps you mention, but I do use Audible. You have to go to Settings / General / Carplay and customize the Apps that work with CarPlay (only certain Apps will be available). Once enabled, when your phone connects to the F-150, click CarPlay on the bottom row, then click the CarPlay list of Apps in the lower left and available Apps will be shown on screen. Hope this helps.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
As far as I know there isn’t a way. If you plug your phone into your truck via usb cable you should be able to run CarPlay off Wi-Fi, or at least I think that could work. Then you could just run Pandora through CarPlay.

OP
OP
Merccat

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As far as I know there isn’t a way. If you plug your phone into your truck via usb cable you should be able to run CarPlay off Wi-Fi, or at least I think that could work. Then you could just run Pandora through CarPlay.
Bummer. I have to figure out how to stop my phone from going back to wireless carplay. I don’t mind plugging in but every time I do when I watch the phone it disconnects from the hotspot and joins wireless carplay.

OP
OP
Merccat

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In case someone stumbles into this thread, I think my solution is here:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/disable-wireless-carplay.2205/

Also side note: I absolutely love how customizable the user experience is with all these settings! However, sometimes things aren’t optimally organized to easily find what behavior you want to adjust. But still, love all the options!
Sponsored