• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Static noise during phone call

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Hi, Did anyone else had an issue while receiving phone calls on lightning on Android phones? I have an android phone, at random times when i receive phone call all i hear is static noise. I usually transfer the call to phone and then transfer back to truck then it works no problem. Anyone else had this issue?
Yes I get this here lately myself.
Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this speaker noise concern for you? Thank you!
Today all was well.
No speaker static noise. All phonecalls were successful including an overseas call.
The issue is not there any more.
I will reach back if the issue arises again.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
when i receive phone call all i hear is static noise.
@ScubaSteve_TheReal
Regarding the phone call static, I contacted Ford BEV 866-631-3788, transferred to BEV tech?, display reset did nothing. Tech, Kamera?, said software update coming for phone communication as this is a common issue. I cannot imagine having to deal with the INTENSE static-only called/caller's ring/voice, and thereby a lost call, if I used the phone every day.

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this speaker noise concern for you? Thank you!
Hi, I just happen to see this post as I was searching around the forum. I'm having the same issue with my calls and also, I sometimes hear a static like noise while pressing any of the buttons.
Was there ever a fix for that?

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
same issue with my calls and also, I sometimes hear a static like noise while pressing any of the buttons.
Was there ever a fix for that?
Ford BEV tech said software update coming, but no date given.
I do not have a static noise with any buttons…which buttons are you referring to?

Sponsored

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Ford BEV tech said software update coming, but no date given.
I do not have a static noise with any buttons…which buttons are you referring to?
It happens when I'm using the volume buttons on the steering wheel or the console. It'll even do it when I switch on the A. C. or hit a button on the screen. When somebody calls me I have to tell them to hang up and call back, it always works the second time.

AGP

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Musician
Yes I get this here lately myself.
I get phone static on outgoing and incoming calls. If I switch to speaker on my android phone, the problem disappears. Full factory reset and multiple reconnects haven't changed the problem -which is not intermittent. The problem may, or may not, have started after a scheduled overnight software update.
Sponsored