• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

SYNC4 12" Screen DIM and want Brighten fully??

KwitcherBitchin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agate Black XLT
Anyone have an issue with not being able to fully brighten their 12” screen? It’s not black (yet...thankfully) but I got in the truck this morning after a drive and the screen AND the AC indicators lights on the dials and switches will not fully brighten. The dimmer buttons on left side panel can dim but not brighten the display and indicators fully.
The FORD logo will be bright as normal for a sec then go dim after it is turned On.
Adjusted "DISPLAY" settings on screen but no change after the Halfway mark
Power cycle numerous times throughout the day so far=No Luck
Hard Reset with buttons=No Luck
Factory RESET on screen=No change

Not sure it'll help but plan on disconnecting / connecting battery after work and see if that helps anything

UPDATE:
Disconnected battery last night, waited 20min and connected. = No change
Drove around and sit display mode to “Day” as bright as it would adjust. Hated the look , normally in Night Mode.
This morning start up , Night Mode, half brightness and everything normal……

Happy of course but wondering if some over the air update missed with something yesterday…….No clue
Sponsored

Last edited:

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Mine has done that late in the day when I was driving directly away from the sun even though it was still fairly bright outside.

mschiraldi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Not sure of where the light sensor is but I’ve heard of times when people put hats or gloves over the sensor so it thinks it’s dark outside so interior lights dim. Have anything on the dash?

OP
OP
KwitcherBitchin

KwitcherBitchin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agate Black XLT
Not sure of where the light sensor is but I’ve heard of times when people put hats or gloves over the sensor so it thinks it’s dark outside so interior lights dim. Have anything on the dash?
Nothing new, same thing (helmet) that’s been on dash since I got truck. Everything was normal when I got in it this morning…..crazy

mschiraldi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Nothing new, same thing (helmet) that’s been on dash since I got truck. Everything was normal when I got in it this morning…..crazy
Annoying but hopefully it stays away for good
Sponsored