• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tailgate Seal with Powered Tailgate

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
I have a new Platinum F-150 that has the powered tailgate. I just ordered the Retrax MX Pro and was wondering if anyone has installed this tailgate seal with a powered tailgate? I am concerned that the tailgate may feel some "resistance" from the seal and reopen. Has anyone had any success with this type of tailgate seal on a powered tailgate?

https://tonneaucoversworld.com/p/access-tailgate-seal/v/ford/f150/2021/
Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I have a new Platinum F-150 that has the powered tailgate. I just ordered the Retrax MX Pro and was wondering if anyone has installed this tailgate seal with a powered tailgate? I am concerned that the tailgate may feel some "resistance" from the seal and reopen. Has anyone had any success with this type of tailgate seal on a powered tailgate?

https://tonneaucoversworld.com/p/access-tailgate-seal/v/ford/f150/2021/
I installed one on my KR last weekend. I also have a Retrax MX. The power tailgate work fine. I had to cut a notch out of the seal where the anti theft piece is about 18 inches in from the right. Also the seal rubs on the right side bottom where the I think the motor is housed. I have a Line-X spray in so that make the rubbing on the bottom right worse. Overall it works fine.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I installed the Ford Accessories tailgate seal. At first it was tight but it worked. It has since loosened up quite a bit. No problems.

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
I installed the Ford Accessories tailgate seal. At first it was tight but it worked. It has since loosened up quite a bit. No problems.
Could you please post the part number?

OP
OP

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
Thanks all! Great information! Much Appreciated!

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Agate Black Platinum 4X4 Powerboost
Occupation
Very retired