• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
Took out first longer trip in the lighting this weekend. From Wenatchee, WA to Bellingham, WA. It's about a 170 mile drive, with about a 3000 ft of elevation gain and descent (Stevens Pass) along the way.

Truck climbed the pass effortlessly, though it is not a difficult pass. At the top I recorded my worst efficiency of the whole trip, 1.8 miles/kWh. By the time we reached Monroe, WA, effectively the other end of the pass, efficiency had climbed back up to 2.4 miles/kWh, with 59% state of charge remaining. Though it was possible to reach Bellingham on a single charge, I would have had less than 20% charge remaining, plus we were hungry, so we stopped and grabbed some Popeye's and sat at the EA station at the Seattle Premium Outlets in Tulalip at around 45% SoC. The 150kW station only gave is 88 kW, but we were easily able to charge up to 80% while we ate.

Ford F-150 Lightning Weekend trip from Central WA to Bellingham (417 total driving miles) in a SR Lariat Lightning PXL_20220903_014039371

We stayed at a Hampton Inn in Bellingham and I just missed the last L2 charger as a EV6 pulled in just ahead of me (glad I charged in Tulalip!).

We spent the following day having a great time in Bellingham and I was able to snag the L2 the following night to charge up to 100% for the trip home the next day.

We left Bellingham Sunday afternoon and had a easy drive down I-5 to US 2, and that's where we hit our first real snag, though not a major one. On the return trip, I decided to use the built in nav and route planner and it determined a 10 minute stop in Monroe was needed. But once we got on to US 2, the nav went off the rails. Normally this would be the best route, taking US 2 all the way to Monroe:

Ford F-150 Lightning Weekend trip from Central WA to Bellingham (417 total driving miles) in a SR Lariat Lightning Screenshot_20220904-205747

Instead the Nav took this path:
Ford F-150 Lightning Weekend trip from Central WA to Bellingham (417 total driving miles) in a SR Lariat Lightning Screenshot_20220904-210138

Near as I can tell, there was traffic in Monroe on US 2 and the nav was extremely pessimistic about how slow it was and routed us around it. But the detour took nearly 20 minutes extra and there was no way it was that bad. Still, made it to EA and charged to 77% (122 kW for about 30 seconds, then down to 88 kW).

Last leg of the trip went smoothly, and we ended with around 27% SoC and 51 miles of remaining range on the guessometer.

Here's the final trip meter:
Ford F-150 Lightning Weekend trip from Central WA to Bellingham (417 total driving miles) in a SR Lariat Lightning PXL_20220905_032717534

Final note, driver assist features were great. Lane Centering and adaptive cruise made interstate driving a breeze. The ride was great the whole way and do much quieter than my CX-5. Super pleased with the truck. Planning on taking more trips in the future, including multi day trips.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
2.5 m/kwh for an almost 600 mile overnight trip to N Georgia, with an elevation change to my destination of over 1,500', then the return... took the mini-fridge to keep my snacks cold right behind the driver seat, and a fan and some laptop charging overnight - all with the ProPower on the whole trip...
Ford F-150 Lightning Weekend trip from Central WA to Bellingham (417 total driving miles) in a SR Lariat Lightning 2.5mkwh average almost 600 miles w elevation.JPG

1/2 the trip maybe 50-55 thru some mountainous roads, some 20 miles or so in VERY tough hills/mountain roads, at slow speeds, and the other 1/2 of the trip at 60-70mph...