• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
i still don’t have a delivery date. my final destination os mullinax in apopka. i like your dates hopefully mine hitches a ride with you.
Haha, we're going to the same dealership, man. Hopefully yours does hitch a ride.
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
so I called UP tracking and it said the rail car was empty on Nov 22 and would arrive in Colorado on the 27

so does that mean they dropped my truck off already and are headed out If so that means my update to shipped happened the same day the truck was dropped somewhere in TX

its all so simple its confusing
Most likely. You are tracking the rail car, not the contents.

UFLightning

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Getting jealous. I’m still on a chip hold and starting to accept it may not deliver by end of year.

789151A5-526F-4B9D-BB1C-FF110CB90113.jpeg
I'm starting to work my way through the various stages of grief as well...

UFLightning

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Sucks. Sorry dude. I wish they would tell you what it was short and you could decide whether to skip it on the truck or not.
This. For a company that's so far out on production and parts scheduling that you can't modify your order six weeks before they produce it, how the heck do they not know which parts/packages will result in delays at this point? It doesn't make sense. You can't both lock-down the ordering process that far out and be so nebulous about the actual build/delivery timeline.

Edit: I have to add that the order tracker we're all on (Excel spreadsheet) really makes Ford look better than it should with delivery times... if Ford adjusts the delivery window the tracker updates to reflect the new window, so when the tracker shows in column X that all but one truck delivered has made it before the end of their delivery window, that's really before THE LAST OF POSSIBLY SEVERAL delivery windows Ford provided.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
You can't both lock-down the ordering process that far out and be so nebulous about the actual build/delivery timeline.
I swear I sometimes think I can get a job at Ford, nefariously change my position in the queue and force it out the door, get fired, and go back to my day job before Ford actually ships the thing.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
FWIW, I got my final pricing from @Granger Ford today for my Pro.

The $1000 discount (below MSRP), the $5000 Price Protection, and the $7000 Private Offer were all included right off the bat. They didn't attempt to pretend like I wasn't eligible or they couldn't see it or didn't know. I haven't signed the paperwork quite yet (doing it remote since I'm in FL), so it's not a 100% done deal, yet, but this is a great indication that any dealer acting like you aren't qualified or you only qualify for one of the discounts or they can't see the discounts are either:

a) Wrong
b) Lying

TL;DR - The dealer can see the Price Protection AND the Private Offer for Pros.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek

The $1000 discount (below MSRP), the $5000 Price Protection, and the $7000 Private Offer were all included right off the bat. They didn't attempt to pretend like I wasn't eligible or they couldn't see it or didn't know. I haven't signed the paperwork quite yet (doing it remote since I'm in FL), so it's not a 100% done deal, yet, but this is a great indication that any dealer acting like you aren't qualified or you only qualify for one of the discounts or they can't see the discounts are either:

a) Wrong
b) Lying

Yep, Granger is great! Do note that I don't think they could see all the discounts/rebates/etc until the truck physically arrived. But once it is on the lot the above choices apply!

Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Yep, Granger is great! Do note that I don't think they could see all the discounts/rebates/etc until the truck physically arrived. But once it is on the lot the above choices apply!
That is super helpful to know, perhaps things will work out in the end after all!

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Good clarification. That's what they told me, as well. So, *maybe* that's an excuse for the dealer to be "not sure" until it arrives. Then once it's there, private offer and price protection should be applied.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible

a) Wrong
b) Lying

Nice and $1000 off MSRP. How did you swing that?

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
That was the normal offer from Granger, at least at one point. Don't know if it still is. It was not a result of my negotiation skills! haha
Well at least you and Grainger are proof of how it should be done. Believe me, I will use you as an example if my dealer plays dumb
Sponsored