• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
Think your source is wrong about weight. Here's the info on the tire shown above:
Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Lightning Lariat on 20" Black Rhino wheels & Nitto Ridge Grappler A/T Tires 😍 capture

Here is the info on the stock tire:
Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Lightning Lariat on 20" Black Rhino wheels & Nitto Ridge Grappler A/T Tires 😍 capture

So the weight of the tires went up by 16.6 lbs/wheel by themselves. The stock rims weigh in at relatively light 34 lbs, at least based on what I can find on the internet. Cough. The internet never lies. Choke.

Stock: 45(tires) + 34(wheels) = 79 lbs total.
Pictured above: 61.6(tires) + X = 54 (to meet the claim that they are lighter by 25 lbs lighter than stock set up(79-25))
X = -7.6 lbs.

So unless those rims in those pics are magic, your source is fibbing to you. :). Or maybe my rim weight info is wrong by around 40 lbs, but I feel that Ford would try to minimize rim weight somewhat to maximize range.

It looks good though! I wonder if his range numbers were at least accurate.