• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I do not believe so. We are real close to needing minor cutting to prevent rubbing. A different offset wheel may help but we have not got to that point yet. Mine will be leveled with stock wheels so I'll definitely be doing more experimenting then.
What are the specs of the Black Rhino wheels? Also, what kind of clearance was there at full lock?

I have a set of 20x9.5 et15 on the way, and I'm wondering if I could pair it with a 285/65 to go a little taller and narrower to have better LRR.
Sponsored

macwess

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek, 95 Wrangler
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
For what it’s worth, I agree that the range is probably affected more by the weight of it all rather than the height.
The Nitto Ridge Grappler is a favorite in the offroad/truck communities: tried and true, rugged appearance, and very capable off road. If you’re not doing as much off roading, nitto recently announced a new line of tires called Recon Grapplers with similar looks but less reinforced and therefore lighter and more for road use. For the tire size on this build the Recons would be more than 5lbs lighter per tire, BUT I have no idea how that would affect the road manners in a truck that weighs as much as the lightning does. They have the same load rating as the Ridge Grapplers but again this is fairly new territory for everyone; just food for though.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I’m so tempted to do this now to my Lariat!! But, I will keep it the way it is for the first few months, which will lead me into winter with a lot of snow. Maybe just first two months🧐😂

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
worth, I agree that the range is probably affected more by the weight of it all rather than the height.
really? 100lbs? That’s the equivalent of 2 toddlers in the truck.

as with towing, it seems pretty well established that weight is almost irrelevant compared to resulting drag and similar inefficiencies

Car & Driver tested at 75moh a Rivian with stock street tires vs a Rivian with stock AT tires and recorded a 30% decrease in range

tread, contact patch, height, offset, and yes … weight … all combine

Afterall, at a certain speed it becomes MUCH harder to tow a 2000lb large parachute than to town a 4000lb small parachute

Geoff0405

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 raptor, 2022 bronco wildtrack, 2022 lightning
Occupation
Operations
I put a 2” lift with 295 (34s) toyo RTs. I love it but it knocked off nearly 100 miles of range from my platinum toes amazing even with blue cruise
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Leveled on Readylift 2″ Level Kit and 34″ Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires & Black Rhino Wheels [Update: Range Drop 226 > 196 Miles] 77D8F39A-C716-4EF2-9820-EAA3B04A8F9F

Sponsored

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
I put a 2” lift with 295 (34s) toyo RTs. I love it but it knocked off nearly 100 miles of range from my platinum toes amazing even with blue cruise
77D8F39A-C716-4EF2-9820-EAA3B04A8F9F.jpeg
100 miles? That seems to be the worst range change reported. Can you tell us more about this range comparison? Doing 100mph down the freeway or what?

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
100 miles? That seems to be the worst range change reported. Can you tell us more about this range comparison? Doing 100mph down the freeway or what?
Yeah, no wheels are worth 100 miles. I might allow a 20 mile loss.

Geoff0405

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 raptor, 2022 bronco wildtrack, 2022 lightning
Occupation
Operations
Normal city driving for the last 500 miles and a 100% charge only reads a 224 mile range.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
There ‘s no way. The GuessOMeter is probably recalibrating or is confused….

Sponsored

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
@Ford Senior Master : What color are those Black Rhino Rapids? Initially I thought they were Matte Bronze but I'm not seeing a 6x135 bolt pattern for that color so does that mean they're Matte Brushed Gunmetal?

OP
OP
Ford Senior Master

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
@Ford Senior Master : What color are those Black Rhino Rapids? Initially I thought they were Matte Bronze but I'm not seeing a 6x135 bolt pattern for that color so does that mean they're Matte Brushed Gunmetal?
I lbelieve they are the gun metal. I'll get the part number and check. It's been a minute...lol

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Navigator, F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-e
Awesome, thanks for looking into that, its a great build and I really like how nothing done to the truck is permanent but man does it really wake up the look of the truck! Thanks for all the awesome videos you and the group make!

Quick question for Nathan and the build team, I've read some folks having issues with the 2" readylift knocking or clicking on hard turns, have they experience that at all and if so is there anything they do to prevent that besides thread lock and torque to spec?

OP
OP
Ford Senior Master

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager

Wassnyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks for sharing all of the details. Looks awesome. Do you think there would be any rubbing issues with a 0 or 1 offset wheel vs your 12 offset? I’m looking at the exact same tire in the same size, but want just a tiny more amount of wheel poke. Looking at the Fuel Rebel which is available in either a 1 offset (5.04” backspace) or 20 offset (5.79” backspace). Total newbie here but I believe the 1 would add slightly more poke than yours, but I’m not sure if that would cause any issues. Thanks!
Sponsored