• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Does this mean there is no longer a backlog? I am about to take delivery for a Pro that I have to try and price adjust and looking at inventory and some used ones I am almost get a used Lariat down to the price of a new Pro (if they sold them)

Ford bolsters F-150 Lightning XLT production – a truck ordered today can be yours by September
If you can get your pro for 22 pricing, its a no brainer, go with the pro. If you have pricing at the $46K MSRP, then it is a bit more of a decision. If you get no protection (which shouldnt be the case) and are paying the $60k MSRP, I would just order an xlt. The sticker on my Pro is $66k with options (my price at time of ordering was $53k) and an xlt with the same options is $70k. The extra equipment is totally worth the $4k if its still within your budget.
Sponsored

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
If you have pricing at the $46K MSRP, then it is a bit more of a decision.
Yeah this is where I am sitting, but plan to play dumb and push for the 2022 pricing since I missed if by <14 days; however I realize I don't have a leg to stand on. But if it turns into play the games of paying the current sticker of $65k with an IOU; I may walk or at least wait it out to see at what point they just sell it without me. I get it that I would get the money back eventually, but I have already found a few 2018 Extended Range Lariats selling in the mid 60's and I would be lying if those weren't tempting me.

Also considering all the upgrades I want to do to the Pro is mostly to make them like higher trims:
  • Adaptive Cruise Control with Active Lane Centering
  • Keypad entry on the door
  • Running Boards (originally didn't want these but now that I realize how low the battery is, might as well make it easier for family)
  • Leather Steering Wheel
  • Tailgate shock dampener
  • Carpeted Platinum floor mats
  • Trailer Brake Controller (really annoyed the max tow package doesn't come with this)
  • Sliding rear window (really don't want the window, but a way to pass the HVAC to the bed for a "camp mode")
  • Non-Trim related
    • BedRug
    • Tonneau cover
    • Wheel locks
  • Any other recommendations?
Though even with all those upgrades not counting the time; a $50k pro + the parts is still < $2k in upgrades versus $65k+.

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
My PRO order came in and since out the door was going to be $55k I decide to pass on it. I don't benefit from the federal credit so decided to go hit the used car market to see what I can find :)

I also didn't realize until very recently that only Lariat and Platinum get the Phone As a Key - PAAK. I think I am enjoying the hunt more than the prize.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
My PRO order came in and since out the door was going to be $55k I decide to pass on it. I don't benefit from the federal credit so decided to go hit the used car market to see what I can find :)

I also didn't realize until very recently that only Lariat and Platinum get the Phone As a Key - PAAK. I think I am enjoying the hunt more than the prize.
From what I've seen so far, around $60k for a used XLT.
I'm somewhat in the same boat but I can get at least some of the tax credit. But it seems like waiting for three prices on used xlt to come down a little more may be worthwhile.
Sponsored