• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2nd Generation Lightning Prediction and Wishlist

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
How about a nicer interior and a MUCH cheaper price. No reason an EV should be over $30k more expensive than the ICE version when there isn't a whole lot of difference.
Also, maybe it should have less power/torque to cut costs a bit. It is great to have the power this truck has, but it is not needed. Trucks do not need to take off like you just got rear-ended by someone.
For EV, you buy the battery pack and body/material and basically get power/torque for free.
Sponsored

dbergstone

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, reservation for F150 lightning
It seems clear that Ford and Chevy are moving from existing vehicles and only modifying as necessary. Tesla and Rivian are reconsidering everything from the ground up. At some point they all will likely be much closer.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I don't care if they have a bigger battery option, but I want better efficiency and faster charging so I can buy a truck with a smaller battery that covers longer distance faster. Gimme 280 EPA range with a 100kWh battery that will take in 250kW avg charge rate from 10-80%.

-Delete hideaway shifter. Use knob or column mount.
-I'd be ok with the entire truck being a bit smaller. Might be too radical but the entire front of the truck is almost pointless now, except to house the MEGA POWER FRUNK. Reduce the length of the section ahead of the windshield. Maybe knock 2-3 inches off the width, nothing too crazy.
-Adaptive suspension would be nice but if that's too expensive just make the entire truck lower, save the ground clearance for a purpose built off road truck.
Sponsored