• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

$7500 off at time of purchase - issue

Tundra

First Name
MATH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2012 Honda Civic
Occupation
Audio Engineer
That's awesome! Have a couple of dealers that are offering $5k off of sticker on XLT, but on Pro lowest I saw was $2000.

What dealer was this offering $6,500 on the pro?
They weren't haha

The dealership I bought from was offering MSRP. I got $1,000 off with Ford financing, and haggled them down the other $5,500.

I had a small bidding war going on via email with many dealerships across the MIdwest. ;)
Sponsored

maksimfa

First Name
Maks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition
They weren't haha

The dealership I bought from was offering MSRP. I got $1,000 off with Ford financing, and haggled them down the other $5,500.

I had a small bidding war going on via email with many dealerships across the MIdwest. ;)
yes, that is what I meant, which one gave you $5,500 off? How long ago was this? looking for ammunition here.

rv7pilot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Process Control Engineer
I was told to fill out the form on my 2024 tax return. The dealership wasn’t set up to do the point of sale $7500. I don’t really care when I get it, just as long as I do.

maksimfa

First Name
Maks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition
I was told to fill out the form on my 2024 tax return. The dealership wasn’t set up to do the point of sale $7500. I don’t really care when I get it, just as long as I do.
Ugh, sorry to hear that. Best case, you will get your $7,500 about 15 months from now... (unless you start adjusting your withholdings so you owe taxes at the end of the year and this $7,500 covers it.

Worst case, keep in mind it is a non-refundable tax credit, so if you do not have $7,500 of tax obligation, you do not get it... this is the last credit, so all your others like child tax credit, etc... go first... then if anything left over this goes.

By doing point of sale, you are taking the money now, financing less (if you financed), and best of all, you will not be clawed back at if you don't have enough tax obligation.

This is why Point of Sale is such a big deal.

rv7pilot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Process Control Engineer
Ugh, sorry to hear that. Best case, you will get your $7,500 about 15 months from now... (unless you start adjusting your withholdings so you owe taxes at the end of the year and this $7,500 covers it.

Worst case, keep in mind it is a non-refundable tax credit, so if you do not have $7,500 of tax obligation, you do not get it... this is the last credit, so all your others like child tax credit, etc... go first... then if anything left over this goes.

By doing point of sale, you are taking the money now, financing less (if you financed), and best of all, you will not be clawed back at if you don't have enough tax obligation.

This is why Point of Sale is such a big deal.
Totally agree. I pay a $hit ton of taxes. I’ll just adjust my “additional” withholdings to account for the $7500 in about 15 months.
Sponsored