• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

8 speaker B&O?

REEDS22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Lariat 3.0 Powerstroke
The rear speakers are indeed very week in volume with the B&O 8 speaker system. I did find if you switch from “Stereo” to “Surround Sound” they are a bit louder but still are not nearly as loud as the fronts.
I
Well, the update did not fix it. The rear speakers have very little volume to them. If I move fade to the rear, you have to have it cranked all the way up to basically have normal volume out of them. Move fade to the fronts and they are working fine.

I understand basic stereo setups and the rear should be a filler, but I was expecting more from the rears than what they are now.

If someone can check their 8 speaker B&O system and see if they get the same results? Maybe I am just crazy at this point?!?
I agree, the rear speakers sound terrible. My fronts sound great. If you sit in the backseat the sound is terrible. Did you upgrade the rear speakers? If so, what did you buy? I installed a Rockford Fosgate P300-12T powered sub today. It sounds great but the rear speakers sound horrible.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ib_jigged

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
I just played around with the tone settings and balance and fade and found a setting that sounds OK for now. Crazy that with all the tech that they can only provide a 3 band equalizer!

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
I set mine to stereo, moved the fade to around the cup holders in the back of the armrest, brought down the mids to about 40%, and cranked the bass and tremble to be about 80-85% or so. Mostly listening to Pandora via Android Auto or SiriusXM and it sounds pretty good to me that I wouldn't spend $ on an aftermarket system. Between 10 -30 years ago I had a few different two 12" or two 10" systems in a few cars running off dual amps most of the time. It's definitely not that good. But maybe I'm just getting older, but I still like to crank it a bit when I'm solo in the truck, but not regularly. ymmv.
Sponsored