• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Added OEM lighted running board to PRO via factory pigtail forward of the rear wheels and need to activate light in Forscan

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
https://a.co/d/3U97VMX

I used these. They fit but are not weather proof so I used some silicone where the wire exits the plug. I cut the red connectors off and spliced, sealed and shrink tubed them. oh and gooped on di-electric grease in the plug

plug.jpg
Could you post some pics of what the lights look like at night?? seems like an easy mod, and maybe some pics of the wiring and where the lights are mounted, etc Thanks!
Sponsored

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
Could you post some pics of what the lights look like at night?? seems like an easy mod, and maybe some pics of the wiring and where the lights are mounted, etc Thanks!
Thanks for helping us out, I've ordered the wiring and picked up some LEDs from harbor freight. Looking forward to making my running boards I installed on my PRO that much fancier!

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
not a great pic. I’ll take more later.

Ford F-150 Lightning Added OEM lighted running board to PRO via factory pigtail forward of the rear wheels and need to activate light in Forscan 2AF52585-1834-45D2-BEF6-FD3072E957BF

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
Changed my mind, plus it was winter and I wanted to wait until warmer weather. I may still install them.
I installed them today, I really like them. Here's a video of them , they look a little much on the video but are a little more subdued in person

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I installed them today, I really like them. Here's a video of them , they look a little much on the video but are a little more subdued in person

Nice I like those.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager

How noticeable are the strips?

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Did you use just the adhesive strip or did you some extra silicone adhesive?

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
Did you use just the adhesive strip or did you some extra silicone adhesive?
I used some extra silicone, this stuff, a couple drops on each end and in the middle. Didn't trust just the adhesive.

Loctite 908570 2.7 oz Tub Clear Silicone Waterproof Sealant, Single Tube https://a.co/d/iDFHx0Z
Sponsored