• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding apps to the 12" lightning home screen

Frankhpns

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Retired military
Can someone elucidate for me if I can add any or all of the charging apps (plug share, electrify America, etc) to the home screen or should I just use the Ford map included while on a road trip? I use an Android phone. I tried Android Auto to no avail. Thanks
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I think if the apps are compatible, they will show up. EA and plugshare show up on my screen.

I vaguely remember navigating with ABRP but I must be imagining it because it does not show now.

p.s. I had to google elucidate

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I'm an iPhone user of Apple's CarPlay. ABRP shows up by default in CarPlay.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Can someone elucidate for me if I can add any or all of the charging apps (plug share, electrify America, etc) to the home screen or should I just use the Ford map included while on a road trip? I use an Android phone. I tried Android Auto to no avail. Thanks
Use the Ford map. It accounts for more than the others. Waze and Apple Maps work well, but only to get you from A to B. The Ford Nav goes further and takes wind, speed, temp etc into consideration. It's more realistic than the others. Have fun!

OP
OP

Frankhpns

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Retired military
I think if the apps are compatible, they will show up. EA and plugshare show up on my screen.

I vaguely remember navigating with ABRP but I must be imagining it because it does not show now.

p.s. I had to google elucidate
Ford Pass help desk said they are doing away with apps and they would be using Android Auto or Apple Play for all apps in the future.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Frankhpns

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Retired military
Use the Ford map. It accounts for more than the others. Waze and Apple Maps work well, but only to get you from A to B. The Ford Nav goes further and takes wind, speed, temp etc into consideration. It's more realistic than the others. Have fun!
Ford told me they are doing away with app downloads and will be using Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Ford Pass help desk said they are doing away with apps and they would be using Android Auto or Apple Play for all apps in the future.
I just realized, I misunderstood the post. The Apps I mentioned were in android auto.

OP
OP

Frankhpns

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Retired military
I just realized, I misunderstood the post. The Apps I mentioned were in android auto.
No worries. Wish they would make up their mind.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Ford NAV is not an app, it's in your truck.

Sponsored

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Ford told me they are doing away with app downloads and will be using Android Auto or Apple Car Play.
Hmm, OK, happy to have elucidated today! Enjoy your truck!