• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I got photos of the XLs on the Lighting but not the standards yet. Here are those photos in case anyone is curious!

thumbnail_NEF-065 (1).jpg
This is close, but not quite what I am after. I want to see a photo from the side, standing back maybe 20 feet, with the step in the UP position, so I can see if the battery hangs down lower than the closed step.

I'm trying to make sure it looks like this:
Ford F-150 Lightning AMP Research PowerStep Running Boards For Lightning - Group Buy anatomy-1200x675

And not this:

Ford F-150 Lightning AMP Research PowerStep Running Boards For Lightning - Group Buy allensswampmonkey-002

;)
Sponsored

Ford2death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
You can definitely see some of the under side but I still think it looks better. Should also get a small advantage on the range with less wind resistance and these are lighter than the factory running boards. Functionally, they’re working great so far.

Ford F-150 Lightning AMP Research PowerStep Running Boards For Lightning - Group Buy 9BA15B48-9951-48E4-B332-AE106593A93D

Ford F-150 Lightning AMP Research PowerStep Running Boards For Lightning - Group Buy 34221F7F-BB99-44FE-B164-95C5B2325E58

Ford F-150 Lightning AMP Research PowerStep Running Boards For Lightning - Group Buy CC9AC3C7-34D0-4355-8110-C546A2C82A20

Ford F-150 Lightning AMP Research PowerStep Running Boards For Lightning - Group Buy 315FFEFE-39BC-447A-8FDD-D4B96D66254F

hihosilver

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat - SR - Oxford White - MaxTow
I just ordered the "smart series" powerstep that looks to be closer to the XL step in size but without the big rock runner section. They also appear to have more of an angled closed position. I'll post some pics when they are installed. I have similar concerns about the side view and showing the hanging guts of the truck, but damn I hate the look of the fixed running boards.

hihosilver

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat - SR - Oxford White - MaxTow
OK not a clean look from the side and really couldn't see keeping them at that price. I may explore the XL boards at some later point since that big chunk might provide more coverage of the "battery belly". Now I'm on the hunt for some OE style fender flares to match up with a set of 22 x 9.5 wheels and tires I am putting on.

F150_lightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
I
OK not a clean look from the side and really couldn't see keeping them at that price. I may explore the XL boards at some later point since that big chunk might provide more coverage of the "battery belly". Now I'm on the hunt for some OE style fender flares to match up with a set of 22 x 9.5 wheels and tires I am putting on.
Is it possible to paint the “big chunk” to match the truck? Maybe then it will look decent?!

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
OK not a clean look from the side and really couldn't see keeping them at that price.
Did you mount them ?

I wonder if they'd consider making a different version for the Lightning?
I'm of the same opinion that i don't like how it exposes the "belly", but my brother-in-law have a Jeep Gladiator and his amp-steps are much "beefier" and I'm wondering if they could make a version with those boards but for the F150. (They're not the XL which looks equally stupid) these are about 1.5 thick, rounded on the edge facing out and it had a rugged texture kind of like the bed liner.
Sponsored