• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone having trouble with Carplay changing Audio Inputs on vehicle startup?

MN_Hockey_Fan

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
09/14/21 F150, 10 Expedition
My problem is every time I get in the truck the radio will start out playing whatever I was listening to the last time I was in the truck. Within a few seconds as Carplay is connecting it will switch over to iHeartRadio from my phone and resume the last item I was listening to on that, even if all apps on my phone are not running/closed. More recently it keeps switching to an old podcast that isn't even the most recent thing I've listened to on the phone and resuming from that point in the podcast.

It's hard to pinpoint when this started happening, be it with an iOS update on my phone or an OTA update on the truck. It makes the switch while I'm backing out of the garage so I have to wait till I get out of reverse and the backup camera disappears before going into the radio settings and changing the input back to FM. I'm not even sure it is a Carplay issue, could be using my phone as a bluetooth input.

I found this thread on apple's site but it isn't exactly the same thing I describe. I'm going to delete everything in my phone and truck and start over again though and see if that helps.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My problem is every time I get in the truck the radio will start out playing whatever I was listening to the last time I was in the truck. Within a few seconds as Carplay is connecting it will switch over to iHeartRadio from my phone and resume the last item I was listening to on that, even if all apps on my phone are not running/closed. More recently it keeps switching to an old podcast that isn't even the most recent thing I've listened to on the phone and resuming from that point in the podcast.

It's hard to pinpoint when this started happening, be it with an iOS update on my phone or an OTA update on the truck. It makes the switch while I'm backing out of the garage so I have to wait till I get out of reverse and the backup camera disappears before going into the radio settings and changing the input back to FM. I'm not even sure it is a Carplay issue, could be using my phone as a bluetooth input.

I found this thread on apple's site but it isn't exactly the same thing I describe. I'm going to delete everything in my phone and truck and start over again though and see if that helps.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow

I have something similar--when I get a phone call sometimes after the call has ended, it will either not switch back to Sirius or will start playing the last song I was listening to. Also, if browsing the web and the page happens to have video, it will automatically switch from Sirius to Media. It will keep switching back to Media until I close Safari or the tab that has the embedded video.
Sponsored