• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

At what point are aftermarket UCA's needed?

AlxMlr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Oxford XLT - 4WD
Coming from my 2019 Ram, aftermarket UCA's were 100% needed with anything over 2". Even the 2" fox Mopar kit came with extended articulation control arms (same ones as the rebel which is 1" higher than non rebel). Anything less the truck would feel like it is riding on its tippy toes.

As I'm exploring and searching this forum with my '22 , i don't see many people using aftermarket UCAS to correct ball joint angles. Can anyone share their experience with the need (or not need) for corrected UCAS?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
If you level, aka 2.5" you should be fine. Anything higher, you may want to look at options.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
and welcome, was in Orlando all last week, we go twice a year, weather is awesome. Stay at the Hilton Grand Vacations by SeaWorld every year.

OP
OP

AlxMlr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Oxford XLT - 4WD
If you level, aka 2.5" you should be fine. Anything higher, you may want to look at options.
and welcome, was in Orlando all last week, we go twice a year, weather is awesome. Stay at the Hilton Grand Vacations by SeaWorld every year.
Thanks! I hated the feeling of the "tippy toes" on my ram before i added my RL tubular UCAS. Hopefully, this truck is better with just the level and no UCA's added. I noticed I have the extra rear leaf with the Max Trailer package so my rear is nearly 4" higher than my front so it is in desperate need of a level.

Orlando is great, FL is a great place to be in general at this point in history. Our weather stays superb October-May, those middle months can be brutal with heat and storms, but I'll take that over severe winter months and de-icing my truck every morning.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Amen, Ive threatened wife to move there indefinitely. But wont leave grandkids. LOL

Yea, if yours is a 4x4, you have tons of great options from $300 pucks, to really nice leveling kits.
Sponsored